What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

British ww1 no4 aerial bomb fuze info please

spotter

UBIQUE
Staff member
Premium Member
Does anyone have a drawing or photo of a British WW1 era No4 airdrop bomb fuze please.as ithink i have just bought one minus the propeller,sorry i cant offer any photos or other info on this as its not arrived yet..thanks spotter

No 4 Fuze

Spotter

See my book on British Bomb Fuzes!!! It'll be published in a couple of weeks!!

eodda

Hi Eodda,
Please put 2 copies of your book aside for me to purchase when available.
Thanks,
Invest :tinysmile_shy_t:

Spotter

See my book on British Bomb Fuzes!!! It'll be published in a couple of weeks!!

eodda

let me know when its published and where its available from and ill get a copy,or if you are able to sell them directly yourself i want a signed copy :bigsmile:

This is the fuze or whats left of it,,its marked with broad arrow M8 a letter N which is crossed out..No4 I LAP 3/18

Attachments

• DSC00059.jpg
    DSC00059.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 50
  • DSC00060.JPG
    DSC00060.JPG
    74.1 KB · Views: 36
  • DSC00061.JPG
    DSC00061.JPG
    59.2 KB · Views: 33
  • DSC00062.JPG
    DSC00062.JPG
    71.6 KB · Views: 39
  • DSC00064.JPG
    DSC00064.JPG
    70.7 KB · Views: 31
I see it has part of the gaine left on it , i bought one similar on ebay 2 years ago with remains of the arming rod attached ,
cheers

Here is the picture of the one i bought 2 years ago

Attachments

• 6182_1 Bomb Fuze.JPG
    6182_1 Bomb Fuze.JPG
    60.8 KB · Views: 43
got mine from dugup it was only about 8.50 he had others but this was the best,ill prob try replicate a section of rod and the vanes to finish it off sometime

Hi Allan that was a very good price i paid almost 18 on ebay for mine , but it come with the collar as shown in the picture , which by itself is a large heavy lump of Brass