Welcome to the Inert Ordnance Collectors.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: FFE Certificate

Thanks
    Here is the information I have.

It is supplied by me as is, without warranty and/or guarantee. The company has given me permission to pass this on and welcomes inquiries.

The company is: http://www.ramorauk.com/

and the information given to me is as follows:

"For small items that are clean and straight forward to assess such as the Mills Bomb, the cost would be 35 + VAT per item. This price also includes hand grenades, small anti-personnel mines and small projectiles.

For more complex items such as large land mines the cost would be 60 + VAT per item

For missiles, torpedoes and bombs, the cost would range between 150 -300 + VAT per item.

However, we would advise caution when using postal services as FFE items have been known to shut down sorting offices which could result in a fine to the sender. We would recommend using a courier that accepts the transportation of munitions. [or you can arrange to take it yourself by appointment.]

Hope this is helpful.

Cliff

Images
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cliff View Post
    Here is the information I have.

It is supplied by me as is, without warranty and/or guarantee. The company has given me permission to pass this on and welcomes inquiries.

The company is: http://www.ramorauk.com/

and the information given to me is as follows:

"For small items that are clean and straight forward to assess such as the Mills Bomb, the cost would be 35 + VAT per item. This price also includes hand grenades, small anti-personnel mines and small projectiles.

For more complex items such as large land mines the cost would be 60 + VAT per item

For missiles, torpedoes and bombs, the cost would range between 150 -300 + VAT per item.

However, we would advise caution when using postal services as FFE items have been known to shut down sorting offices which could result in a fine to the sender. We would recommend using a courier that accepts the transportation of munitions. [or you can arrange to take it yourself by appointment.]

Hope this is helpful.

Cliff
    WOW, they are some hefty prices!

Thanks
    I suppose its relative really......

If you equate it to an hourly rate and the minimum charge is an hour (ex-vat) then you got 280 per day; for comparison check out you local main dealer for Ford or Vauxhall and see what they charge ph or even you local plumber.

That's the world we live in......

But say for argument sake you took 3 or 4 stripped items to them the chances are they would still only charge you an hour......

Cliff

MODERATOR/ORDNANCE APPROVED
    Images
    Thanks
    But what legal status would the certificate have?
    "Any live or recovered ordnance in my posts has been dealt with by trained EOD personnel"

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe.
    Barbeques on fire by the chalets past the castle headland
    I watched the gift shops glitter in the darkness off the Newborough gate
    All these moments will be lost in time, like icecream on the beach
    Time for tea.

Ordnance Approved
    Thanks
    I think that we have explored this issue before. Currently there is no civilian equivalent of the British military CFFE system as prescribed in JSP482 and I am not aware of any legislation in the pipeline.
    A FFE certificate or document of any sort would only be as good as the credentials of the person/organisation that issued it and probably, of more importance to collectors, it would only have any worth if it were recognised and acknowledged by those on the enforcement side.

There are any number of individuals and companies who have the professional credentials and competence that would enable them to produce an FFE certificate. Ultimately at this moment in time it can only be a decision for the individual collector to decide if the financial outlay will be of benefit.
    any live or dug ordnance. small arms ammunition etc in my posts have been dealt with accordingly

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to exat808 For This Useful Post:

cliff (16th February 2012), roller63 (15th February 2012), smle2009 (15th February 2012)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234