What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dumfries Aviation Museum

spotter

UBIQUE
Staff member
Premium Member
I had a look around Dumfries and Galloway Aviation Museum last week,This place is like the tardis ,it looks small but is crammed with allsorts ,aircraft, engines,ordnance,restoration shed,static displays,etc etc i only had a couple of hours to rush round,but its definately worth visiting if you get the chance,You can even get to sit in the cockpits of some of the aircraft on display,
Link to the museum here..http://www.dumfriesaviationmuseum.com/

when i was there i found out the new landlords had raised the site rent from 700 pa to 5000 pa,which will make it hard for this museum to continue

also went to The Devils Porridge Exhibition near Gretna.......very dissapointing ,i wouldnt go again.

Attachments

• holsDSC00026.jpg
    holsDSC00026.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 33
  • holsDSC00003.jpg
    holsDSC00003.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 34
  • holsDSC00014.jpg
    holsDSC00014.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 51
  • holsDSC00028.jpg
    holsDSC00028.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 27
  • holsDSC00017.jpg
    holsDSC00017.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:
Hey Spotter,
Looks like a good place to spend a few hours...in pic 3 is that a Grand Slam bomb behind i am assuming your better half.?
Best Weasel.

yes its a "grand slam",i think the one in front of my daughter is the "tallboy" bomb

Ooppps, As for the Grand Slam i have never seen one in the flesh before so had no idea they were that big, what was the overall weight of the bomb, and i assume that this would be the only bomb loaded on the bomber. Not much room for anything else.?

Best Weasel.