What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Soooo... I have this old cannon shell

John R Blair Jr

Is'nt that what a newbee does? Well.............

Just this weekend I found two complete 20 x 138B 'Long Solothurn' FlaK empty brass (struck primers) BUT the projectiles???? Im not sure silver fuse seems crimped in by a single round punch / divot and although I did not try Im sure the fuses will not unscrew, HE yellow (95%) body with red above driving band ring for tracer, with red writing on body of shell/ projectile. Both projectiles are easily removed from the empty shell casings and one still has a plug with X over the tracer hole!!!! What do you think? LIVE!?!?!?! Dewat souvenir? HELP! They are in the floor on there sides out of the way and where the cat cant get at them but Im afraid!
Thanks
John

PS: I do have more, like a 10inch 1860s (empty) naval shell 86lbs; plus many many more in US ordance, soooooo... I will be around!!!!!

Welcome to BOCN John,
ref the two rounds theres one nice simple rule "If Any Doubt Dont Do Owt" your best leaving well alone and contacting your local authoritys,(police) explaining you bought what you believed to be fully inert rounds but are now unsure about the projectiles ,as long as the rest of your collection is proveable safe and legal to hold where you live i cant see there been a major problem

ps look forward to seeing the rest of your collection
regards spotter

so far the 20x138b HEI proj may be 120 grams and I belive it is so marked (120g Br.) in red text on my 2 proj! My two weigh in at 110 grams so I'm thinkin empty!?!?

Phew!

Thanks Spotter, but I have removed the fuse and it is EMPTY!!!!!
Thanks
John
VgG4Lpu3kX-85oSdh-O61PdCuiTHEGD40160.jpg

A nice looking pair of rounds, good job on getting those two.
Weasel.

$12.50 a round.... In a

$12.50 a round.... In a Memphis TN antique shop during a run from Gustav , my wife spied them!!!!
They are covered up in stamps and stencils.
Top to Bottom:
WaA 334
2cm. KPF.Z. 45enl43
Wg 4d 43W
120g Br.
wb2e 43 WaA87 W
42 94g Wg * WaA (B,sic?)35 or 335 really can't tell???

By Chance

Do you have an extra 37mm M54 with fuse in original green do you ?

Gordon

The tracer element

1580qSnLhkmpfvjC8DKRhNoQ4L8RZ7weTIKXv4xQp5Fd3Ig=_l.jpg
The tracer element, XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX or so pink inch or so silver material!
Quote from message permanently displayed at top of ordnance section "
Please do not post any messages discussing EOD procedures or making Inert procedures.These techniques are dangerous enough for those who are trained in them ,and because this is an open site anyone would be able to see them and therefore as prevention of injury or death or even security threat ,i feel it is best to not discuss or show such topics on this site .Any posts that show these techniques or similar including reactivation/conversion of inert or deactivated munitions or weapons will be immediately removed ...Thank you for reading this important message"
SPOTTER

Last edited by a moderator: