What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

unknown bursting shell

al'saad

Ordnance approved
which shell is pic? it is about 35cm long and diameter can not be accurately measured due to deformity and corrosion, but i have estimated it could be 90-100mm . filling is TNT poured with metal balls about 1cm in diameter . it is found in AP minefield planted during war 92-95, but where were also fightings among germans, tito partisan and chetniks during wwii.
we excluded possibility of IED as we have indicated fuse winding and place where guiding ring used to be.

granata1-1.jpg

granata2-1.jpg

granata3-1.jpg

Poss 25lb bursting shell.

If you require EOD advice, this is not the forum but you can talk using PM.

Attachments

• 800px-WWI_shells.jpg
    800px-WWI_shells.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:
thanks, on information and tip. this shell is rendered safe, but i need information on type in case of further findings of similar ordnance.

I seem to recall

That German 77cm shrapnel was packed with explosive mixed with the balls, the Krupp Universal shell, this could be very old. Exploded in the air it was a shrapnel type, on contact it was an HE did both sort of - But I might stand to be corrected on this.