What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sc50 sd50 fins

satan18

HI to everyone.
Can anyone provide me with close up pictures of the sc and sd tailfin assemblies,for comparison.

I need detailed pics of the fin attachment to the cone,and the thickness
of sheet metal. (must be original fins)

Many thanks to you all who ever responds.

satan18

Hi,
I have a complete 50kg bomb but can only email you pics on the 28th Sep. Please remind me on the 28th and I will pass on pics to the forum.
Baz

HI to everyone.
Can anyone provide me with close up pictures of the sc and sd tailfin assemblies,for comparison.

I need detailed pics of the fin attachment to the cone,and the thickness
of sheet metal. (must be original fins)

Many thanks to you all who ever responds.

satan18

Hi Bernhard
Thanks for that and i will send you a reminder nearer the 28th

Regards satan 18

phil

Nice one Bernhard!
Just send the whole lot(Bomb and Tail!) to me for my 40th on october 7th and im sure it would make my day!:tinysmile_tongue_t:

cheers

waff

Last edited:
Hi Guys...longtime lurker...first time posting. Should've starting with an intro post...but have been a bit shy to put my feet into the water. Here's a few pics I've saved from the net. First three were from JC militaria. Last two were from Millsgrenades.co/uk.
I also remember last year some fellow had a repro set on Ebay (never knew someone would make the dies to stamp these out). They looked spot on from what I recall. I assumed, since they were repops, there would be more sets sold after the first auction...but no one jumped at the first ones...they were priced somewhere around 50-100...can't recall exactly.
Hopefully these pics help..
Cheers!
Charlie

Attachments

• sc50bomb1.jpg
    sc50bomb1.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 63
  • sc50bomb2.jpg
    sc50bomb2.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 77
  • sc50bomb3.jpg
    sc50bomb3.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 57
  • sc70bomb.jpg
    sc70bomb.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 53
  • sd70bomb.jpg
    sd70bomb.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 53
Hello Charlie,
Glad you finally got in the water mate!

Thanks for those pics,they are a great help.

best

waff

Hi Waff

50s are very addictive arnt they ( you can have the bomb and i will have the tail) Do you think anyone will notice.

satan