What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BDU, BROADBRIDGE HEATH hORSHAM

EODONE

Ordnance Approved
Gents
I'm just trying this clip foundon pathe news if it works it's a bit of history if not well I tried.

What I'm trying to do is put up a clip from Pathe News Sept 1960 show the BDU Open day at Horsham, so use this web address
http://www.britishpathe.com/

Then type in search, Bomb Disposal Horsham you can get stills and film clips for free, it's also a good site if you ae looking any type of news worthy information, some is free .

SORRY IF THIS IT A LITTLE LONG WINDED, EODONE

Last edited:
I like the V2 ,does anyone know if this is the same one thats on display at a certain UK EOD training establishment

BDU Horsham

Spotter,
The answer to your quesion on the same V1 is yes plus the 22,000 pounder stood on it's nose at the gate of the same EOD camp.

You should have seen the fun and games we had stripping it all down, then trying to reassemble it all again, some of te Old timber Shaft at Broadbridge Heath, Horsham, are full of some great Airdropped Bombs that we never took. They will cause a problem one day

RE guards Eodone.

Hi John
The same thing happened at Ripon the training bombs filled with sand were uncovered during building work , i was with the vets in Guernsey in 1993 when someone from Wimbish phoned the Hotel and asked if anyone knew about these bombs , that had been uncovered , it was a great laugh for the old boys really made their holiday.

Last edited by a moderator: