What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Current Russian RGO Grenade

ordnance

Premium Member
I recently acquired this inert Russian RGO frag grenade body with its transit plug. It needs a fuze assembly in case anyone knows of a spare example out there. Anyway, I'm curious if the members here know of many of these in European collections. I heard of some coming out from East Germany at the time they collapsed but didn't have the opportunity then to get one. As these have been around since the mid-1980s and have been exported to other countries, they shouldn't be as scarce as they seem to be.

I find the technology in the body to be very reminiscent of the Russian RGD-33 frag sleeves of WWII, with a similar roll-coined look. Not exactly as modern as European plastic matrix technology, but not that much different than the roll-coined and formed body of the current U.S. M67 frag.
PICT0085.JPG

Last edited:
I like that ! I've never seen a real one in the flesh. As far as finding a fuse assembly goes, good luck ! I can only think these are rare as collectors items because they must be more expensive to make than the F1 and RDG 5 and RG 42 that are available in great numbers. As a matter of interest, I have noticed that there are some cheap lighters for sale on ebay from china and hong kong that are modelled on the RGO/RGN grenade ! Tony.

even if i suppose that you already know...

Attachments

• bombe.jpg
    bombe.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 123
Help from the Beltring crowd......

I thought this might be a good time to bring this thread back to the top as I'm still looking for a fuze for my RGO grenade. I realize it's highly unlikely one of these will turn up at Beltring in a couple weeks but the liklihood is still better than one showing up at the next local gun show.

So, just in case, here's another look at the RGO and RGN grenades and the unique white plastic impact/time fuzes they used. I could use a complete RGN offensive grenade, a fuze by itself, a quality reproduction of either, or any part to help with the completion of my grenade. Or, if one shows up with an outrageous price that everyone laughs at, how about getting some contact information for me? Of course, I'd much rather be there myself pushing aside the piles of other ordnance to find them on my own, but that's not going to happen this time.

And good luck to all the BOCN members in their searches for new goodies in the upcoming festivities. I'm sure lots of new acquisitions will be posted here after the show. Thanks.

Attachments

• RGO RGN.jpg
    RGO RGN.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 52
  • RGN_offensive_hand_grenade_Navy.jpg
    RGN_offensive_hand_grenade_Navy.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 26
Hi, not sure but seems to be a shortage of RGO/RGN fuses in this old thread. If you're still looking for a repro I have castings of my RGO. I could cast up a head and ship it out to you if you need some.

If there is anyone who could find safety levers I would pay for some to be shipped my way.

52782425_617625982022088_3407293707349655552_n_zpsydl9nkgl.jpg

Just noticed your reply posted while I was traveling. Thank you for the offer but I was able to find and original inert fuze for my RGO a couple years ago from a source in Ukraine.