What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

marking Pzgr.39 75mm

Hi Ian,
All i can find on the Panzergranate 39 is as follows: The shell is painted black and is noticably different from the earlier type of A.P.C.B.C shell in that the ballistic cap is smaller and is canelured to the head of the penetrative cap. The projectile would have been base fuzed with a Bd.Z. 5103.
I have seen these with the ballistic cap painted white in a few pics but i have no info to support this. As for any stencelling on the projectile i cannot help, but maybe another member will be able to.
Best regards Weasel.

Attachments

• PZGR 39 2.jpg
    PZGR 39 2.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 91
  • PZGR 39 3.jpg
    PZGR 39 3.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 68
  • PZGR 39 info.jpg
    PZGR 39 info.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 65
white tip

May be 7,62 cm shell as used with captured russian AT gun modified to take the PaK 40 case,

greetz,

Menno.

May be 7,62 cm shell as used with captured russian AT gun modified to take the PaK 40 case,

Menno is correct. The white tip is for the 7.62cm projectile. It also had a red band.
The 7.5cm pzgr39 is all black with red writing.

PC

Attachments

• 7,62cm Pak36 pzgr39 [1].jpg
    7,62cm Pak36 pzgr39 [1].jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 87