What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reims anyone live there ...

Birdseye

BOCN Contributor
going there, know anyone there?

A main interest on mine is ancient firearms. I mean old ie. 14th 15th century old.

As it is with armor (or "armour" if you prefer:bigsmile:), a good way of getting an idea of what existed when comes from the examination of art. Recently, I found a tapestry that no author on the subject had identified as a resource. The problem (there is always a problem) is that, unlike things like the Bayeux Tapestry, there are no easily obtainable high quality images of it.

In Reims there are two tapestry's, originally part of a series of six, that currently reside in the Tau Palace in Reims are have Clovis as their subject matter. I have attached the best images that I have been able to find to show you what I am looking for.

In any event, I am hoping that someone can help me to get some good, sharp color images of the relevent areas of the tapestries.

Anyone?

Attachments

• ScreenShot009.jpg
    ScreenShot009.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 6
  • ScreenShot011.jpg
    ScreenShot011.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 8
  • ScreenShot014.jpg
    ScreenShot014.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 2