What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1927 bomb and bomb fuze manual

Rrickoshae

Premium Member
I thought some of you might be interested in these colour plates from an RAF bomb and bomb fuze manual from the mid 20s. Fuzes to follow. Dave

Attachments

• b1.jpg
    b1.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 105
  • b2.jpg
    b2.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 102
  • b3.jpg
    b3.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 84
  • b4.jpg
    b4.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 83
  • b5.jpg
    b5.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 94
bombs Pt 2

bombs part 2, fuzes/pistols to follow

Attachments

• b6.jpg
    b6.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 74
  • b7.jpg
    b7.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 70
  • b8.jpg
    b8.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 66
  • b10.jpg
    b10.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 64
  • b11.jpg
    b11.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 71
I love these old coloured drawings in the training manuals, some of them are so detailed, like an art form all of there own. Nice manuals Dave. Tony.

yes, that particular manual has never been out of a book case - the pages are totally crisp and clean. I keep all my manuals in the dark now (as well as the wife and the kids) to ensure they don't fade.

there were 2 from the same source Steve, the other being slightly better but someone else has that!

I agree, any chance for some scans ? I'd be willing to part with a some cash for a decent scan of those books.

sorry Eric & tc464, but I don't have a scanner and these books are getting too fragile to open out fully - hence the lopsided photos. I don't want to risk splitting the binding. Dave