What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

pistols from 1927 RAF manual

Rrickoshae

Premium Member
here are 2 posts of colour plates from an RAF bomb and bomb pistol manual dated 1927. Dave

Attachments

• f1.jpg
    f1.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 113
  • f2.jpg
    f2.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 102
  • f3.jpg
    f3.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 97
  • f4.jpg
    f4.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 98
  • f5.jpg
    f5.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 101
bomb pistols Pt2

you will see from the numbering system that I have left out fuzes similar to those shown. Obviously the 20s/30s were boring times - no TV, no playstations, no fast women so for fun, they built aircraft out of wood and canvas (probably came in a huge box made & by Keilkraft), covered them in highly inflamable dope, filled them with even more highly inflamable fuel, shoved explosive ordnance into every nook and cranny and then to add that final touch of excitement stuck pyrotechnic flares on the ends of the wings and flew about in the dark with flares burning furiously - I like their style! Those boys had guts (the countryside was probably strewn with them)

Attachments

• f6.jpg
    f6.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 110
  • f7.jpg
    f7.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 100
  • f8.jpg
    f8.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 102
  • f9.jpg
    f9.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 98
  • f10.jpg
    f10.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 90
excellent drawings dave ,dont know how i bypassed them before...thanks for posting them
allan

Good stuff !

Very interesting Dave and I particularly like your last write up !

Looks like things really hotted up manufacture/design wise around the late 30's then ?

Thanks for sharing that with us.

Chris :tinysmile_shy_t: