Welcome to the Inert Ordnance Collectors.
    Fuzeman

Spotting suspect fuzes

Sometime ago i was offered a german brass number (5) fuze on first examination i thought there was something strange about it , so upon examining the ones in my collection i decided to investigate further
    The original Brass no(5) fuze had brass charging pins , the A plunger always in line with the locating pin see picture 1 , when the delay was found to be too long the fuzes were withdrawn and remarked (28) the number 5 being * starred out , these fuzes that were reworked and to distinguish the difference the brass pins were replaced with steel , the locating pin still being in line with the A pin .
    The fuze offered to me had the locating pin in the 12 o/clock position, as shown in picture 2 of an early number (9) fuze , the construction is the same on these fuzes as the brass (50 and (28) . so i thought i would let potential buyers of these early fuzes ,what to look out for and to spot "played around " fuzes , perhaps the internals of the fuze were missing , so buyers beware
    Last edited by Fuzeman; 14th October 2008 at 12:23 AM.

Ordnance Approved/premium membership
    Thanks
    Good spot, I seem to remember the stud only protruded about 5mm.

Thanks
    Thanks for the write up Steve,thats some excellent info.

cheers

waff
    Last edited by waffenamt; 17th November 2008 at 11:46 AM. Reason: removed old info

Fuzeman
    Hi John
    Thats correct the only fuze that i could show with that type of construction i was writing about , had the locating pin missing , so i put a small steel pin in place , which was much too long .

Thanks
    Cheers Steve,
    After studying your write-up,ive now found a good,clean example of a type 5.
    Its seems unmessed with and all the description matches with your info.
    Again,thanks.

best

waff