Welcome to the Inert Ordnance Collectors.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

A Instant Fuze and Pistol Collector

Hi all, I thought I'd post a few teazer pics of my Dad's latest buy. From what he tells me there are over 50 fuzes and pistols in the lot. Where there is a cutaway, there is a complete one as well. I can hardly wait to visit him to see what exactly he has. From the poor pics I do have it looks like the collection starts at 20 mm and goes up from there. The pistols look particularily juicy. As I get better pics I'll post them. Even better, I'll get him to join and then he can post them himslf - and I'll get a shot at winning Daryll's new book!

Stay tuned.

Greg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by GregN; 15th October 2008 at 03:28 AM.

UBIQUE
    Images
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,955 Times in 693 Posts
    that is a very nice lot,your dad has managed to get,look forward to seeing more pics of them if you get chance.......spotter

Any Live or Dug ordnance shown by me has been disposed of by military EOD personnel .

BOCN HELPING TO PROMOTE SAFE RESPONSIBLE ORDNANCE COLLECTING

Thanks
    Indeed! There are some great looking cutaways there.

Post asap please!

best

waff

Fuzeman
    Wow what a collection , what,s the history are they Ex museum ! or private collectors collection .
    looking forward to seeing more pictures of the cutaway bomb fuzes and Pistols

Thanks
    Thanks for the nice words guys, I'll pass them on to Dad. I think the clue to where all these came from will be in the box they all came in. I don't have a pic yet but Dad says it has a C -> on it, a Canada/Chinese decal (like the one on many Chinese Contract Inglis-made 9 mm Browning Hi-power pistols) and some other stencils. During the war there were many military depots, airports and manufacturers in Toronto so I'll bet all this stuff came someplace like Longbranch. Dad mentioned that some of the items are marked with a C broad arrow. I'll have to see which manufacturers made fuses and pistols in Ontario during WW2. Is there a listing out there?

As I said, stay tuned.

Greg

Thanks
    WOW!!! Great haul.

Its great to see that stuff like this is still out there.

Ya the GTA was a hotbead of manufacturing for the war.

I worked in one of the old Inglis buildings down by the EX and the friring ranges where still in the basement.

Looking forward to more pics.
    Last edited by whsammler; 14th October 2008 at 06:31 PM.

Thanks
    Hi guys, I have some new pics of my Dad's hoard of stuff. I've asked him to make a list of each fuze and pistol, along with wether it is sectioned or not or if a spare exists. The pics are not great but Dad promisies to take good photos with the help of good lighting, the macro function of his camera and a tripod.

There is are over 50 items and off the top of my head I see fuze#s198, 199, 200, 222 and 400. I know nothing about the flare pistols. The markings of them are: #848 MkV - A.

Many of these fuzes are marke NCR - National Cash Register?.

Enjoy the pics, I'll post what Dad has sent and will include additional, better pics as they arrive.

Cheers,

Greg

Thanks
    Here are some more pics.

G

Fuzeman
    The sectioned bomb pistols and fuzes are especially nice to see, thanks for showing them

Images
    Thanks

Thumbs up Great selection of Fuzes.

What a great selection of Fuzes that are both sectioned and complete, a really nice collection and thanks for sharing with us GregN.

Hope you will provide a good home for them in the years to come.

Chris

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast