What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Instant Fuze and Pistol Collector

GregN

Hi all, I thought I'd post a few teazer pics of my Dad's latest buy. From what he tells me there are over 50 fuzes and pistols in the lot. Where there is a cutaway, there is a complete one as well. I can hardly wait to visit him to see what exactly he has. From the poor pics I do have it looks like the collection starts at 20 mm and goes up from there. The pistols look particularily juicy:tinysmile_hmm_t:. As I get better pics I'll post them. Even better, I'll get him to join and then he can post them himslf - and I'll get a shot at winning Daryll's new book!

Stay tuned.

Greg

Attachments

• fuzes002.jpg
    fuzes002.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 198
  • Fuze2.jpg
    Fuze2.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 222
Last edited:
that is a very nice lot,your dad has managed to get,look forward to seeing more pics of them if you get chance.......spotter

Wow what a collection , what,s the history are they Ex museum ! or private collectors collection .
looking forward to seeing more pictures of the cutaway bomb fuzes and Pistols

Thanks for the nice words guys, I'll pass them on to Dad. I think the clue to where all these came from will be in the box they all came in. I don't have a pic yet but Dad says it has a C -> on it, a Canada/Chinese decal (like the one on many Chinese Contract Inglis-made 9 mm Browning Hi-power pistols) and some other stencils. During the war there were many military depots, airports and manufacturers in Toronto so I'll bet all this stuff came someplace like Longbranch. Dad mentioned that some of the items are marked with a C broad arrow. I'll have to see which manufacturers made fuses and pistols in Ontario during WW2. Is there a listing out there?

As I said, stay tuned.

Greg

WOW!!! Great haul.

Its great to see that stuff like this is still out there.

Ya the GTA was a hotbead of manufacturing for the war.

I worked in one of the old Inglis buildings down by the EX and the friring ranges where still in the basement.

Looking forward to more pics.

Last edited:
Hi guys, I have some new pics of my Dad's hoard of stuff. I've asked him to make a list of each fuze and pistol, along with wether it is sectioned or not or if a spare exists. The pics are not great but Dad promisies to take good photos with the help of good lighting, the macro function of his camera and a tripod.

There is are over 50 items and off the top of my head I see fuze#s198, 199, 200, 222 and 400. I know nothing about the flare pistols. The markings of them are: #848 MkV - A.

Many of these fuzes are marke NCR - National Cash Register?.

Enjoy the pics, I'll post what Dad has sent and will include additional, better pics as they arrive.

Cheers,

Greg

Attachments

• DSC01230 1 .JPG
    DSC01230 1 .JPG
    38.8 KB · Views: 87
  • DSC01231 1 .JPG
    DSC01231 1 .JPG
    36.4 KB · Views: 75
  • DSC01232 1 .JPG
    DSC01232 1 .JPG
    38.9 KB · Views: 83
  • DSC01233 1 .JPG
    DSC01233 1 .JPG
    37.1 KB · Views: 79
  • DSC01234 1 .JPG
    DSC01234 1 .JPG
    35.5 KB · Views: 70
Here are some more pics.

G

Attachments

• DSC01235 1 .JPG
    DSC01235 1 .JPG
    37.5 KB · Views: 67
  • DSC01236 1 .JPG
    DSC01236 1 .JPG
    36.8 KB · Views: 79
  • DSC01237 1 .JPG
    DSC01237 1 .JPG
    39.1 KB · Views: 77
  • DSC01238 1 .JPG
    DSC01238 1 .JPG
    36.7 KB · Views: 70
  • Fuze2.jpg
    Fuze2.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 72
The sectioned bomb pistols and fuzes are especially nice to see, thanks for showing them

Great selection of Fuzes.

What a great selection of Fuzes that are both sectioned and complete, a really nice collection and thanks for sharing with us GregN.

Hope you will provide a good home for them in the years to come.

Chris :tinysmile_shy_t:

That certainly was a very lucky score and so nice having an example of each one sectioned. An every collectors dream find.

Hi,

Yep superb find!

funny isn't it - it is so true that timing is everything - being in the right place at the right time!

Perhaps that Whitehead torpedo pistol is just around the corner!!! :tinysmile_shy_t:

Cheers
drew