What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

variation of the (9) fuze

F

Fuzeman

There are 2 variations of construction of these fuzes
Type 1 marked El Zt ZC50 and dated 1938 is the early 4 piece construction
Type 2 marked El Zt.Z (9) and dated 1939 is the normal construction with 3 screws around the shoulder .
Type 3 marked El.Zt Z.(9) and is dated 1940 again is the normal 3 screws around the shoulder
The first 2 versions have a test pin above the charging pins and the 3 rd version has a screw cap , which has to be unscrewed before testing .
The early versions were marked C50 which the 50 Kg bomb was the standard German bomb in the early 1930,s . the German thinking was all bomb fuzes would be fitted to these size bombs , and marked their fuzes accordingly
The fuze is charged the same as the normal ECR fuze through a resitor and capacitor which is connected to a glow discharge tube acting like a switch.
These fuzes are designed to operate when the gas inside the glow discharge tube reaches a predetermined level , which allows the charge to pass through the tube , this in turn fires the match composition and the delay train

Attachments

• Variations of no 9 fuzes 001.jpg
    Variations of no 9 fuzes 001.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 37
  • Variations of no 9 fuzes 002.jpg
    Variations of no 9 fuzes 002.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 38
  • Variations of no 9 fuzes 003.jpg
    Variations of no 9 fuzes 003.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 35
Last edited by a moderator:
Hello
Cool your explanations on the different variants of the No. 9.
As against the last two photos are blurred, and saw no markings.

Hello Tarbelin
Ok about the two pictures being blurred i can redo those but i didnt intend to show the markings only the different types of construction and the test pins

Hello Tarbelin
Ok about the two pictures being blurred i can redo those but i didnt intend to show the markings only the different types of construction and the test pins

Hi Steve,
Try the camera on `macro` setting please.

best

waff