What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

American Inc bomb fuze

F

Fuzeman

The picture shows the American Bomb fuze M174 made of brass ,very similar to that of the German Z66 fuze used on the SD10 bombs and copied by the Russians on the modern Ptab 2.5 bomblet.
This fuze is used in the American Incendiary bombs and others possibly Chemical?
Any information please ?
thanks

Attachments

• American inc bomb fuze 001.jpg
    American inc bomb fuze 001.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 106
  • American inc bomb fuze 002.jpg
    American inc bomb fuze 002.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 73
  • American inc bomb fuze 003.jpg
    American inc bomb fuze 003.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 86
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Steve,
regarding the M174, in the Mil.Hdbl.-137 is stated, that this fuze was only used for the 4lb M114 chemical cluster bomb.
It would be intereing to know if this fuze was used in any other bombs, such as inc. types
Regards
Erhard (Mrfuze, USA)

I have found out through official channels that only amall batch of these fuzes were ever manufactured and were to be trialed in a 4 lb chemical bomb .

Steve,

Not sure about your official channels info. The current post:

http://www.bocn.co.uk/vbforum/help-one-t49630.html?t=49630

covers the M114 submunitions recently found. I've shown three fuzes, one Testing and evaluation model from Picatinny Arsenal, and two others with different lot numbers. These were in U.S. inventory war reserve. I don't know how many were made. Sensitive material, so not a lot of info.

John

Last edited:
Hi John
Its interesting as my Fuze comes from the same batch marked Fuze, Bomb nose M174 lot NoCH241 - 22 an early one ?

Steve,

Yes, I was noticing yours. Lucky dog, yours isn't stamped "Empty"