What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

percussion element?

Rrickoshae

Premium Member
Ok chaps, what do you make of this? Its sea recovered and appears to be a small percussion element but what from? A few threads at the top, appears to have a steel pin through it (shear pin?) and is 9/10s of an inch in dia. and a little under 1.25 inches long. My own feeling is that it's the screw in percussion unit from a wood fuze. Dave

Hi Dave very interesting any history about where they were found? it looks like a booster element for a anti tank mine

Last edited by a moderator:
hi Steve, no, I assumed it was sea recovered as all the other bits (fuze parts) that came with it looked like they had been in the sea. Perhaps it was one that was planted on the shore line and had since rusted away. I have a smaller, similar item somewhere and I'll try and find that and post a photo. Dave