What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Id Please..... Airdrop item ????

spotter

UBIQUE
Staff member
Premium Member
I had this identified before either on BOCN or more likely some other site but have lost all info on what it is,so can someone remind me what it is again please..Whatever it was was found about 3 years ago during clearance task in the UK
apologies to whoever identified it before

spotter

Attachments

• Image007.jpg
    Image007.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 132
  • Image006.jpg
    Image006.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 126
  • Image005.jpg
    Image005.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 91
Centre picture look like a chute hard point - look like a lepus flare to me.. Should be 8" in dia - If so I am a sad puppy as I use to work on them

Last edited:
Battlefield illuminator ?

Could it be what was known as a "Battlefield Illuminator" as they had very large chutes attached for slow descent and were about the size of your mystery item?

Chris :tinysmile_shy_t:

Bofors Ordnance - Sweden use to make the Lepus Flare. It was used on many aircraft such as Phantom, Jaguar, Buccaneer. In operation it produced 4 million candle power and lasted for approx 2 minutes.

many thanks for all your responses to this re-identification for me ..
thanks spotter

Im looking for this piece of a lepus Flare to restore a complete one, If anyone can point me in the right direction to find one id be much appreciated.
Im in the UK and the flare is to be displayed with a Harrier GR3 at the Yorkshire Air Museum.
Cheers
Gary

I had this identified before either on BOCN or more likely some other site but have lost all info on what it is,so can someone remind me what it is again please..Whatever it was was found about 3 years ago during clearance task in the UK
apologies to whoever identified it before

spotter