What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

9.2 inch navel shell

leeski

im looking to restore one of my 9.2 inch shells but sadley the driving band is missing and was wondering if anyone new if it can be rebanded or something i could use to do it myself

best regards leeski

Attachments

• user513_pic151_1223504621.jpg
    user513_pic151_1223504621.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 50
9.2 inch ap

Hi Lee' you have some nice items in your collection especially that 9.2 inch AP-pity about the driving band.
A suggestion for something of that size may be to use a car body filler and machine it down to the original profile if you can find someone who has a Lathe large enough to take it, not forgetting the muscle power required to lift onto said machine :help:

Just a thought as I reckon it would be worth the bother as you do not see many of these size projectiles around never mind in someones private collection.

Chris :tinysmile_shy_t:

If you made a template cut out to the profile of the band, you could put the filler in place and then drag the template around the ciircumference of the shell.

Slow and steady, I suspect.