What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

bits and bobs-just for fun

18pounder

Can you identify this stuff from some of my stuff?

Attachments

• dougs bombs0000.jpg
    dougs bombs0000.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 42
  • dougs bombs0008.jpg
    dougs bombs0008.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 59
  • dougs bombs0009.jpg
    dougs bombs0009.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 49
  • dougs bombs0011.jpg
    dougs bombs0011.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 84
Hi bud,

the rifle gren is a No 20 Mk 1 i believe, not sure about the middle one and dont know whether the No 36 Mills gren is either WW1 or WW2 from the picture. Big pinholes for the ringpull n pin in the lugs and or a date on the body would indicate its WW1. You will have to check this. There are also Mills levers and other very interesting bits which i will leave to the experts.
Andy

id

yes mate,its a 36mills,produced by REVO electrics comp.
The middle riflr grenade is german ww2
cheers

identification.jpg

Here is what I know:

1) Item No. 1 is a .50 Browning heavy machine gun round (probably US made). I will be able to tell you for sure if you tell me the markings on the base (headstamp).

2) Item No. 2 Is a British WW1 era No. 101 Impact Fuze for an artillery calibre round. It looks like the yellow artillery shell has the same fuze. Please could you post the diameter of the shell in mm.

3) Items No. 3 are cut down 40x311R Bofors shell cases. They should be 311mm long. They look to be British made. I will be able to say for sure if ypu post the markings.

4) Item No. 4: Plese could you post a better photo and photo of the base of this shell.

5) And the Bayonet looks like a British WW1 era one. Not my field, but does it have any markings?

bits

blimey,very good and how u do that highlighted square thingy?
cheers

bayonet looks like 1907 pattern british/commonwealth for the smle have a look at top of the blade theyre usually marked there

Highlighted squares

I did that by saving the photo to my PC, adding the squares in MS paint, and hosting it elsewhere, so what you see is actually a different picture hosted at a different URL.

Please could you post the markings of the shells and fuzes?

markins

hi mate, posted these details on other threads..'ww1 gas shell' 18pnr fuze' ect... thanks