What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A good photo of yugoslavian KB-2 bomblet?

goran_croatia

I found on many places on web that there were two variants of yugoslavian bomblets from cluster warhead for 262 mm M-87 "Orkan" rocket-KB-1 and KB-2.A few sources claim that KB-2 was a bomblet with larger amount of haxatol explosive and without steel balls liner added from the outside.I know that a variant KB-1 has steel balls liner from the outside of the bomblet.
But I didn't find anywhere a good photo of KB-2 bomblet except a drawing from some book.If any of you have a photo of KB-2 yugoslavian bomblet,please can you post it here:tinysmile_shy_t:?

Also were KB-2 bomblets just a prototype or M-87 rocket warheads with those bomblets were in use during the civil war in ex-Yugoslavia?

i have kb1 and kb2 on desk in my office. i will take some pics and send it to you.

kb1 is used in Orkan cluster warhead, kb2 is used in large caliber shells, 122mm and above.

KB2 with missing band

KB1 opened during execution of EOD procedure

Attachments

• DSC03454.JPG
    DSC03454.JPG
    44 KB · Views: 62
  • DSC03453.JPG
    DSC03453.JPG
    48.2 KB · Views: 52
  • DSC03455.JPG
    DSC03455.JPG
    45.6 KB · Views: 55
  • DSC03456.JPG
    DSC03456.JPG
    37.5 KB · Views: 44
Hi Goran, here a drawing of the KB-1 and KB-2, as well as some pictures. Please send me your Email adress, I still have a cutaway drawing of the KB-1 and B-2, which regretfully seems to be too large (as JPG , PDF or BMP) to post here.
Regards DJH

Attachments

• KB-1.JPG
    KB-1.JPG
    91.8 KB · Views: 65
  • KB-1 & KB-2.jpg
    KB-1 & KB-2.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 81
these are both KB-1 on pic and cutaway. kb-2 is full metal casing.

Thanks al'saad and pzgr40:tinysmile_grin_t:!!Excellent pics!!Are the external dimensions of KB-2 the same as the dimensions of KB-1?

pzgr40-I'll send you my mail in private message

dimensions are same, as those bomblets were designed for same containers.