What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Clock stopper

F

Fuzeman

Hi everyone
i thought i would show some historic bomb disposal equipment that is located down at brenzett aeronautical museum
Thai was the very first magnetic clockstopper
The Horse Colar was placed over the (17) clockwork fuze , it was connected to a supply of batteries and switched on .the electric field created by the coil was enough to stop the clock

Steve Custodian of Bomb disposal Exhibits brenzett

Attachments

• farnborough coil.JPG
    farnborough coil.JPG
    68.8 KB · Views: 121
Hi everyone
i thought i would show some historic bomb disposal equipment that is located down at brenzett aeronautical museum
Thai was the very first magnetic clockstopper
The Horse Colar was placed over the (17) clockwork fuze , it was connected to a supply of batteries and switched on .the electric field created by the coil was enough to stop the clock

Steve Custodian of Bomb disposal Exhibits brenzett

Life safers to the men of the day
That must have weighed something awfull to generate that kind of magnetic field to penetrate the bombs casing.
Best phil

Hi Phil
The horse colar weights in excess of 180 lbs , to manhandle down a shaft was a feat in itself!