What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

40mm grenades

Hi Pointblank0, They look great. Drop me a PM if you find another ground marker and I'll see if I can put together a trade deal. Cheers Colin

Hi. It's been a while since I got a new 40mm. I could not resist the golf ball look of this one. Unfortunately it's missing its case. I understand they are black. If you have one for sale or trade please let me know. Cheers

Attachments

• 40mm batton round.jpg
    40mm batton round.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 38
It's a Brugger & Thomet Safe Impact less-lethal projectile, with a soft foam nose over a plastic base. Yes, the case is black polymer.

These antenna throwers were made for the GRC 109 radio. For Special Forces and SEALs. For the most part the worked, but the radio itself was a pain, it was very ahrd to tune the rado to the antenna. Plus the radio was heavy. It was one of the first radios that Special Forces could send burst transmissions. But gave way as technology moved forward

Hi. Here's a couple I've just added to my collection. Common I know, but so was everything at some stage:tinysmile_hmm_t:.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    270.7 KB · Views: 85
Hey Colin, if I'd known you needed the black polymer casing for the golfball, I'd have sent one along with your parts. Only thing I am looking for is a 397 body, in fair shape, to do a cutaway... GROG

Wow that's a great collection of 40mm, I know I have to head down that road eventually, I have a few more hand and rifle grenades I want to procure first.

Hi,

I've always bought 40mm grenades when I've found them, but I've finally got round to grouping them by type.

My favourites are the British Assault rounds in the 5th photo.

Cheers,

Gary

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Gary,

Could you please identify the items in picture #10 (next to last picture)?

Thanks,

Brian

Hi Brian,

Well spotted - the last 2 photo's don't really belong in a 40mm grenade thread!

I don't know much about them, but the first 2 are Soviet 40mm VOG-25 case-less grenades, the middle 2 are British experimental 35mm grenades and the last 3 are a 25 x 39mm practice round and 2 cases for the US XM25 grenade launcher.

The grenades in the last photo are 30mm VOG-17 grenades. I think the last one is an East German drill round.

Any more information gratefully received!

Following Hangarman's request for a definitive list of baton rounds in British service, I would be really interested if anyone has a list of 40mm grenades in British service.

Cheers,

Gary

Last edited: