Welcome to the Inert Ordnance Collectors.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No75 Mk3 Pistol

UBIQUE
    Images
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,912 Times in 692 Posts

No75 Mk3 Pistol

Received this very nice mint No75 Mk3 Tail Pistol today complete with tin.
    I THINK going by the stampings this is a reworked No70 Mk3 (this needs confirming please)
    The bottom grey section is stamped 6/70 MK3 CRB *
    Then also stamped P 75 MK3 RML12/52
    Any additional info e.g what used with ,when used etc please feel free to add to this thread
    regards spotter
    Attached Images Attached Images

Any Live or Dug ordnance shown by me has been disposed of by military EOD personnel .

BOCN HELPING TO PROMOTE SAFE RESPONSIBLE ORDNANCE COLLECTING

Fuzeman
    Hi Alan the pistol you have is the P75 allright but the RML12/52 is the year of manufacter there was never a P70.
    This pistol was used on the MC500Lb & 1,000Lbs Bombs
    arming time approx 13 vane revolutions , it took 15 revolutions to become fully unscrewed

DATA FROM British bomb and Rocket Pistols and Fuzes By David Andrews and Alan Swan

That,s a great looking addition to your collection
    Last edited by Fuzeman; 25th November 2008 at 06:08 PM.

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,044 Times in 591 Posts
    Spotter,

I’ve no listing for CRB, is that C possibly a poorly struck ‘O’? in which case it could be Orb Engineering Works of Manchester (but turned worked wasn’t their line of business). An asterisk after the Mark normally signifies a post production modification.

RML could either be R.O.F. Maltby or Richard M Lord Ltd of Birmingham. The latter was a lock manufacturer and experienced in working with brass.

Regards

Tim. G

Ordnance Approved/premium membership
    Thanks
    Very nice item. hope there are more like that one out there... Unfortunately I tend to find them in this condition
    Last edited by jayteepee_1999; 10th June 2009 at 07:51 PM.
    All Items of Live Ordnance posted by me have been disposed of professionally by EOD. Unless they are Archive Pictures from another Webpage

Premium Member
    Images
    Thanks

P75 Mk 2

Hello! I have a Fuze P75 Mk 2. can to me someone say which the difference to the other one am? Are grateful over each info. Greeting Harry
    Attached Images Attached Images

Fuzeman
    Hi Harry the difference in the P75 Mk3 pistol and the Mk2 in having 2 grooves in the striker and holes through the arming spindle for the release of gas given off by the detonator

Data from British Bomb and Rocket Pistols and Fuzes by David Andrews and Alan Swan

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,044 Times in 591 Posts
    Harry.

According to David Andrews & Alan Swan excellent publication (British Bomb and Rocket Pistols and Fuzes) The difference between the MkI and MkII is not known. The Mk.III differs from the I + II by having two grooves on the striker and holes through the arming spindle web to allow gas release.

If the creep spring holder is of die cast manufacture "M & R" would suggest it was manufactured by Manley & Regulus Ltd. of Birmingham.

Regards

Tim.G.

Fuzeman
    Hi John
    That looks very dodgy ! where was it dug up from ? i take it was quickly put into kit form

Ordnance Approved/premium membership
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzeman View Post
    Hi John
    That looks very dodgy ! where was it dug up from ? i take it was quickly put into kit form
    It was at one of our beach ranges not too long ago. went very well, nice two days out in fact
    All Items of Live Ordnance posted by me have been disposed of professionally by EOD. Unless they are Archive Pictures from another Webpage

HONOURED MEMBER
    Thanks
    Hello Tim

You seem to have a lot of knowledge about different contractor's monograms. Is it writen down anywhere? Al Swan and I haven't covered that in our book and it might be an interesting addition.....

Regards

Dave Andrews (aka eodda)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast