What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

German B2 Incendiary parts?

waffenamt

Hi Chaps,
I got these through the post today,im lucky as i keep forgetting about items i had bought a while ago so its nice to have the odd package turn up!:tinysmile_hmm_t:
All the bits are empty and of course inert!
I believe they are parts from a B2 Incendiary? I think there are some bits missing,so im posting the parts for your perusal.
Im also picturing this nice IB i got in a swap from Archie a while ago.
The plan is to convert this body and fuze into a B2 if possible?

Over to you then gents.

cheers

waff

Attachments

• S7003619.jpg
    S7003619.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 128
  • S7003609.jpg
    S7003609.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 84
Close up of the tail end and the body.

Anyone know what the letter `Z` represents?
Ive never seen that before on either my others in the collection or at any shows?

Pictures taken in the lounge with light as it was dark when i got home so no decent daylight shots im afraid.

w

Attachments

• S7003650.jpg
    S7003650.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 43
  • S7003648.jpg
    S7003648.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 44
You can see the symbols and stamps on the fuze when up close.
They are AZ63C and the makers code 88 dkp g.

waff inspector number 59.

Attachments

• S7003613.jpg
    S7003613.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 25
  • S7003614.jpg
    S7003614.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 20
Your incendiary...

The "Z" stamped into the bomb means that there is a delayed explosive charge in the rear of the bomb (right before the tailfin) that will explode after the bomb has burned awhile. It was mainly a scheme to kill and maim firemen at the raid site. Most devious I think, but that's war. Your bomb is rarer than the "plain Jane" B1Bs you see mostly. A keeper.:smile:

Nice one Jimbo!
I did have my suspicions but i wanted it confirmed.:tinysmile_shy_t:
The long tails i have dont match the holes on the body,so i assume they attached directly to the explosive add on?
I may need to make a dummy attachment then?

best

waff

Please see attached picture of the Exploding tail incendiary

Attachments

• Exploding tail incendiary 001.jpg
    Exploding tail incendiary 001.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 35
  • Exploding tail incendiary 002.jpg
    Exploding tail incendiary 002.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 33
Exploding nose IB and close up of centre section showing how the two parts fit together Overall length is 13 inches filling plug to base and the IB is 8 inches in length

Attachments

• Exploding tail incendiary centre section 001.jpg
    Exploding tail incendiary centre section 001.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 46
  • Exploding tail incendiary centre section 002.jpg
    Exploding tail incendiary centre section 002.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 45
Ah!,I now understand where the grenade attachment fits now Steve,
following the Telecon we had about having the body lathed down to fit.
I still need to suss out a tailpiece so i can mount the fins though?
The longer ones holes dont match the `Z` body.

best

waff

Phil,check out the second pic in post 2 of this thread.
Since i got these parts i have sought advice from our man MadBomber and others,about the reassembly of this item for display.
A little bit of work on the lathe and it should fit together although i think the long tails will have to be displayed seperatly as they will not fit that 'Z' marked body?

W

Last edited:
Phil,check out the second pic in post 2 of this thread.
Since i got these parts i have sought advice from our man MadBomber about the reassembly of this item for display.
A little bit of work on the lathe and it should fit together although i think the long tails will have to be displayed seperatly as they will not fit that 'Z' marked body?

W

What you got was the remains of the nose for B2 2EZ which is mounted on the standard body with norman fins

Attachments

• lower clock case 005.jpg
    lower clock case 005.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 29
Ah! i see now :) Those crackers i picked up at Belty should fit just nice. Im doing it up as a tribute to our man Archie(armystuff) as i got it in a trade from him last year and its gonna take centre spot on the middle fuze shelf :)
btw

Thats a lovely example there matey.
Keep up the good work.

W