What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

El ZtZ NUMBER 9

satan18

Not a bad example of the ZtZ time delay fuse

for the shr-500 shrapnellbombe (i think)

Tiny traces of red paint are on the body.

Attachments

• Fuses 027.jpg
    Fuses 027.jpg
    137.8 KB · Views: 89
  • Fuses 028.jpg
    Fuses 028.jpg
    129.1 KB · Views: 58
Oh aye!,nice one Phil.

I think they were also used on the photoflash bombs as well?

cheers

waff

Hi,

Used in the Parachute Flares, Photo Flash bombs and the ABB 500 incendiary container.
And thats the second one i see stamped like this.

Hi Phil
There are often various variations on the fuze , it looks as though this one may have been stamped by hand rather than machine , if the waffenampt stamp is no 123 its the inspector from Rheinmetall Borsig

Hi Phil
There are often various variations on the fuze , it looks as though this one may have been stamped by hand rather than machine , if the waffenampt stamp is no 123 its the inspector from Rheinmetall Borsig

Hi steve
Yes the waff stamp has 123 underneath it

Thanks for the info

phil

Hi Jack
this fuze was used in the photoflash bombs never in SC or SD bombs as well as the Parachute flares the AB500 containers

Hi Steve,

It seems that they found one some where in Germany.
The bomb whas used against enemy bomber formations.
So i'am looking for more info on this one.

Hi Jack that bomb was an SD2 with that strange sycamore wing, fitted to the (41) fuze it was to be dropped onto the attacking aircraft below. i cant think about dropping a heavy 500 kg onto the attacking formation the fuze would be too long a delay.that fuze would fit a 500 kg being a standard bomb fuze, i would love to see who dreamt that one up.

For me, we can found ELZtZ (9) on Shrapnellbombe Shr-500, Parachute-Leuchtbombe LC-50 C & LC-50 F Versions A to C, and G2 to G5, Blitzlichtbombe Bl C-50, Blitzlichtbombe Bl C-50 A.
But it may be that I am wrong.

Hi would love to know what this shrapnell bomb is , as we all know the thin cased bombs were SC but they were blast bombs not shrapnel , as far as im aware the only Shrapnel bombs was the SD10 type 2 which had steel pellets inside

Last edited by a moderator:
from german airdropped weapons book

Attachments

• DSC00008.jpg
    DSC00008.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 38
  • DSC00009.jpg
    DSC00009.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 48
Thanks Spotter i whas looking for that one. :tinysmile_grin_t:
Also found out that they used a SD 250 and 500 for the same job only with the 89 fuze.

thats interesting i stand corrected , so they used a standard bomb case and put in precut steel pellets.

Received my first EI ZT Z 9 today (thank you waff)
stamped EI ZT Z 9 cpp a 10 b

Attachments

• DSC00038.jpg
    DSC00038.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 23
  • DSC00032.jpg
    DSC00032.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 21
  • DSC00039.jpg
    DSC00039.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 28
  • DSC00037.jpg