What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

7,5 cm Pak 41

Fjordhouse

Ordnance approved
7,5 cm Pak 41 W, and 7,5 cm Pak 41

Attachments

• Overloon 2 december 2008 360.JPG
    Overloon 2 december 2008 360.JPG
    96.4 KB · Views: 253
  • Overloon 2 december 2008 361.JPG
    Overloon 2 december 2008 361.JPG
    108.5 KB · Views: 253
WOW, what can I say, they're just awesome!!

Thanks for posting the photos.

Dave.

Fantastic shells Ben. Thank you for sharing the pictures.
Are they part of your collection?

Is the second projectile a H.K or a St.K?

Yes they are in my collection, the second projectile is the HK, the first picture is the pak 41 W

Amazing items to have in such excellent condition.

Would it be possible to see pictures of the 2 headstamps please?

PC

Lovely rounds Ben!
I dont think ive ever seen one before in a collection?,thank you for showing them.

best

waff

Really nice condition, and two not too often seen rounds either, thankyou for posting pictures for us to see. A very nice addition to anyone's collection.
Best Weasel.

As everyone else has said, fabulous items Ben !!...thanks for showing.

However, do you know to what equipment these items were issued, ie Anti-Tank guns, Stugs, PZ IV's etc? ...and in what sort of quantities and what front.

Would love to know, there must be some data out there somewhere.

Finally, where do I find one ;)

Rich

The Pak 41 was largest of the German Gerlich tapered-bore guns used in action.

Designed by Krupp to compete with the Rheinmetall-Borsig Pak 40.

150 guns were built before production stopped due to the restrictions placed on the use of tungsten in ammunition.

The guns were used in service untill the ammunition supply ran out, after which they were scrapped. A small number of carriages may have been refitted with Pak 40 barrels.

Hi Waff, yes they are rare, i think just as rare as the 4,2 cm i know 4 rounds of the 7,5 cm pak 41, 2 i have, the only one that i am missing is the 7,5 cm Pak 41 HE, but i think i will get one from the US, i know that in the US there are some more Pak 41, but very very hard to get them out., Cheers Ben

Hi Ben,
Yes,its a problem about getting the US items.
I hear of special licences and all sorts of red tape?

However,my old pal Mick tells me that he strips items and puts notes in the box with full address details and `Inert` stickers and so far,hasnt had any problems?

good luck getting that PaK and please post pics when you eventually get it!

best

waff

eehhhhhhhh Fjordhouse items are ever so great.... ._. but where he find those stuffs remains top secret!!