What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"valkyrie"

Not heard that one?,i just assumed it was a case full of explosives with some sort of slow burning fuze?

best

waff

It was in the bunker thats why you never heard it Paul:tinysmile_grin_t:

:bigsmile: :tinysmile_tongue_t:

I see you have been on the christmas spirit early Steve? :tinysmile_twink_t:

cheers

waff

Well the most historically inaccurate part will be that Claus Von S will be talking english with a American accent.

Lets hope that they don't pull another 'Pearl Harbour' type of film on us, otherwise will with have Tom Cruise not only killing Hitler but then single handed winning the war! Oh and the bomb will by american supplied....

Well the most historically inaccurate part will be that Claus Von S will be talking english with a American accent.

Lets hope that they don't pull another 'Pearl Harbour' type of film on us, otherwise will with have Tom Cruise not only killing Hitler but then single handed winning the war! Oh and the bomb will by american supplied....

I see your point with that Pearl Harbour film.
Only thing i enjoyed about it were the graphics.

best

waff

hmmm- mixed reviews on the movie (I haven't seen it yet) but, for historical interest, I had read somewhere (I forgot where) that the bomb was made of 4 British clam mines, and that Hitler had moved to consult a map, and the table supports shielded him from it. The blast killed 4 others in the room. Stauffenberg also had a kilogram of British plastic explosive, that was to go along with the clam mines, but he and Werner von Haeften were interrupted when trying to put it all together, so they went ahead with just the clam mines, and a German Pioneer unit found the Explosives on the side of a road, where they had been thrown out of the car as Von S. & Haeften were driving away.
Anyone heard/read anything different?

The film has had a luke warm reception from the German critics - however I believe that this has more to do with someone such as Tom Cruise representing Claus Von S.

I think its release date in the UK is today.

Justin

UK release of this movie today.
Im off to the flicks later with some pals.

I believe the scene at the beginning in North Africa is superb?

best
waff