What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Demolition gear - I've shown mine, now show me yours!

fieldgear

Hi All

My demolition blaster arrived the other day. Here it is along with a few other items. I've left out all the usual fuses & stuff.

I am trying to put together the whole "Portable Demolition Kit", & if I can quote from TM-E 30-451 Handbook on German Military Forces;

PORTABLE DEMOLITION KIT 1940. This is a pack containing everything needed to fire charges electrically. It weighs 51 pounds, and can be carried by a handle or by shoulder straps on the back. It contains a small exploder (1940) and neon test tube, a continuity tester (galvanometer) (1926), 40 electric detonators, two spools of single cable and two drums of double cable, metal sleeve for crimping over electrical joints, a notched pocket knife, crimpers, and insulating tape.

In my pic you can see the small exploder 1940. This is the smallest of the several models used. (I think whsammler will post some pics of the several other versions he has) The meter is used to test continuity of the circuit & the other bits I guess are self explanatory.

What else is out there in Pionier land? Lets see all your demo gear!

BTW I am looking for the neon, test resistance, & the crate/box all this goes in if anyone can help __________________

Best,.>Rob

Attachments

• demogear_s.jpg
    demogear_s.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 354
I have these but not WW2 .These are west German army items.The blasting machine is by Brunn and is dated 1982.

Attachments

• dsc00001.jpg
    dsc00001.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 75
  • demkitdsci0107.jpg
    demkitdsci0107.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 113
  • demkitdsci0108.jpg
    demkitdsci0108.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 73
  • dsc00006.jpg
    dsc00006.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 71
  • dsc00007cols1.jpg
    dsc00007cols1.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 79
A GLHZUNDAPRRATT 40 i belive with an internal resistance of 30 ohms and an external 80 Ohms resitance , it replaced the Field exploder model 1939 and wasnt as powerful.
You cant beat a shrike

I thought i revive an old topic. I came across a Glhzndapparat 39 ABFG type det box, its different to the normaly seen boxes you come across, first it has a leather carrying strap and clip to hold a key, where as the conventional box has no strap or lugs to hold one, just the leather case. Secondly the name plate is different to the coventional type, see the photo's. I am just wondering if the one i have is a civilian
type or could it belong to another branch of the armed services ie navy or airforce etc. Any ideas or info on these things.

det2.JPGdet1.JPG30-451-08-50.jpg4430_16.jpg

Third and fourth picture is the conventional type.

Last edited:
I have these but not WW2 .These are west German army items.The blasting machine is by Brunn and is dated 1982.

Spotter, The collet crimp cap crimper looks just like what I saw used by Norwegian EOD from captured Nazi stores. They were even still using Nazi blasting caps, flaked TNT and 3 Kg demo charges in 1985. I've searched for years to find a crimper like that. Cheers, Bruce.

Well, not much of a collection, but it's what I've got.

The collet crimp cap crimper (say that 10 times real fast) is either Yugo or Czech, I don't remember. The SOG tool was acquired as much for the "POWER ASSIST" aspect as for the built in crimper. The last crimper set I've had since I was about 10 years old. Carry it/them with me at all times.

Cap crimper 001 (Small).jpg Cap crimper 002 (Small).jpg Cap crimper 003 (Small).jpg Cap crimper 004 (Small).jpg Cap crimper 005 (Small).jpg Cap crimper 006 (Small).jpg Cap crimper 007 (Small).jpg Cap crimper 008 (Small).jpg Cap crimper (Small).jpg

Here is some more post WWII stuff, less emphasis on the tools and more on the material.

DSCN2113.jpg DSCN2110.jpg DSCN2120.jpg DSCN2118.jpg DSCN2111.jpg DSCN2117.jpg DSCN2109.jpg DSCN2112.jpg DSCN2116.jpgDSCN2115.jpg DSCN2106.jpg DSCN2104.jpg DSCN2119.jpg DSCN2099.jpg DSCN2100.jpg DSCN2101.jpg

Attachments

• DSCN2106.jpg
    DSCN2106.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 70
Home for a bit and got some pix. Here are most of my Demo collection. My favorites are in the second picture, the USMC marked WM Schollhorn crimpers, the USMC 10 cap machine (rare to find one marked thus), and the Dupont No. 4 crimpers that I carried for most of my EOD career. Notice the Livens 100 cap machines serial number. All machines function as designed. Cheers, Bruce.

P4180817.jpg

P4180816.jpg

P4180818.jpg

Just found this pic from an unknown collector, showing the German machines 37, 39 & 40 and the line tester as well.

CIMG0590.jpg :wink:

Hallo,
only now I saw your old post. Your black mashine is a repainted Austrian Schaffler Mashine. Normally these mashines are unpainted. I'm not shure about the manufacturing date, but I presume post WW2.
Bellifortis.

Hi Slick,
your cap crimper is GDR (East Germany) military issue, but was used the same in civilian blasting.
Well, not much of a collection, but it's what I've got.

The collet crimp cap crimper (say that 10 times real fast) is either Yugo or Czech, I don't remember. The SOG tool was acquired as much for the "POWER ASSIST" aspect as for the built in crimper. The last crimper set I've had since I was about 10 years old. Carry it/them with me at all times.

View attachment 52635 View attachment 52636 View attachment 52637 View attachment 52638 View attachment 52639 View attachment 52640 View attachment 52641 View attachment 52642 View attachment 52643