Welcome to the Inert Ordnance Collectors.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Demolition gear - I've shown mine, now show me yours!

Hi All

My demolition blaster arrived the other day. Here it is along with a few other items. I've left out all the usual fuses & stuff.

I am trying to put together the whole "Portable Demolition Kit", & if I can quote from TM-E 30-451 Handbook on German Military Forces;

PORTABLE DEMOLITION KIT 1940. This is a pack containing everything needed to fire charges electrically. It weighs 51 pounds, and can be carried by a handle or by shoulder straps on the back. It contains a small exploder (1940) and neon test tube, a continuity tester (galvanometer) (1926), 40 electric detonators, two spools of single cable and two drums of double cable, metal sleeve for crimping over electrical joints, a notched pocket knife, crimpers, and insulating tape.

In my pic you can see the small exploder 1940. This is the smallest of the several models used. (I think whsammler will post some pics of the several other versions he has) The meter is used to test continuity of the circuit & the other bits I guess are self explanatory.

What else is out there in Pionier land? Lets see all your demo gear!

BTW I am looking for the neon, test resistance, & the crate/box all this goes in if anyone can help __________________

Best,.>Rob
    Attached Images Attached Images

UBIQUE
    Images
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,850 Times in 700 Posts
    I have these but not WW2 .These are west German army items.The blasting machine is by Brunn and is dated 1982.

Any Live or Dug ordnance shown by me has been disposed of by military EOD personnel .

BOCN HELPING TO PROMOTE SAFE RESPONSIBLE ORDNANCE COLLECTING

Fuzeman
    A GLHZUNDAPRRATT 40 i belive with an internal resistance of 30 ohms and an external 80 Ohms resitance , it replaced the Field exploder model 1939 and wasnt as powerful.
    You cant beat a shrike

Ordnance Approved/premium membership
    Thanks
    If all else fails
    All Items of Live Ordnance posted by me have been disposed of professionally by EOD. Unless they are Archive Pictures from another Webpage

Fuzeman
    Ar so thats why the say always carry a spare battery!

Premium Member
    Thanks
    I thought i revive an old topic. I came across a Glühzündapparat 39 ABFG type det box, its different to the normaly seen boxes you come across, first it has a leather carrying strap and clip to hold a key, where as the conventional box has no strap or lugs to hold one, just the leather case. Secondly the name plate is different to the coventional type, see the photo's. I am just wondering if the one i have is a civilian
    type or could it belong to another branch of the armed services ie navy or airforce etc. Any ideas or info on these things.

det2.JPGdet1.JPG30-451-08-50.jpg4430_16.jpg

Third and fourth picture is the conventional type.
    Last edited by BMG50; 23rd April 2011 at 09:58 AM.

Ordnance Approved/Premium
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by spotter View Post
    I have these but not WW2 .These are west German army items.The blasting machine is by Brunn and is dated 1982.
    Spotter, The collet crimp cap crimper looks just like what I saw used by Norwegian EOD from captured Nazi stores. They were even still using Nazi blasting caps, flaked TNT and 3 Kg demo charges in 1985. I've searched for years to find a crimper like that. Cheers, Bruce.
    ALL ORDNANCE SHOWN BY ME HAS BEEN INERTED AND HAS NO LIVE FILLERS.

Premium Member
    Images
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,115 Times in 508 Posts
    Well, not much of a collection, but it's what I've got.

The collet crimp cap crimper (say that 10 times real fast) is either Yugo or Czech, I don't remember. The SOG tool was acquired as much for the "POWER ASSIST" aspect as for the built in crimper. The last crimper set I've had since I was about 10 years old. Carry it/them with me at all times.

Cap crimper 001 (Small).jpg Cap crimper 002 (Small).jpg Cap crimper 003 (Small).jpg Cap crimper 004 (Small).jpg Cap crimper 005 (Small).jpg Cap crimper 006 (Small).jpg Cap crimper 007 (Small).jpg Cap crimper 008 (Small).jpg Cap crimper (Small).jpg
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

ORDNANCE APPROVED/Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,671 Times in 1,030 Posts
    Here is some more post WWII stuff, less emphasis on the tools and more on the material.

DSCN2113.jpg DSCN2110.jpg DSCN2120.jpg DSCN2118.jpg DSCN2111.jpg DSCN2117.jpg DSCN2109.jpg DSCN2112.jpg DSCN2116.jpgDSCN2115.jpg DSCN2106.jpg DSCN2104.jpg DSCN2119.jpg DSCN2099.jpg DSCN2100.jpg DSCN2101.jpg
    All dug or live ordnance shown in my posts is under EOD control and has been or will be dealt with accordingly by EOD personnel

Ordnance Approved/Premium
    Thanks
    Home for a bit and got some pix. Here are most of my Demo collection. My favorites are in the second picture, the USMC marked WM Schollhorn crimpers, the USMC 10 cap machine (rare to find one marked thus), and the Dupont No. 4 crimpers that I carried for most of my EOD career. Notice the Livens 100 cap machines serial number. All machines function as designed. Cheers, Bruce.

ALL ORDNANCE SHOWN BY ME HAS BEEN INERTED AND HAS NO LIVE FILLERS.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast