What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My German restored bombs #2

Tmine35

Premium Member
From top:
-Ordinary 1 kilo incendiary
-1 kilo training dummy made of steel
-1 kilos explosive. Thich walled steel body and eAZ(66)A fuze. Found at Rechlin, purpose unknown but possibly the idea was to mix them in dropping containers with incendiaries the same way Russians did ( see my other thread about Russian bombs )

On second picture a steel dummy body of 2 kilo incendiary, possibly for training use? Tail missing - anyone???

I posted this thread already but looks like it disappeared in cyberspace, hope it does not appear now twice:tinysmile_shy_t:

Attachments

• germans-2.jpg
    germans-2.jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 135
  • germans-3.jpg
    germans-3.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 54
Thats an interesting idea about mixing Incendries , but wouldnt work i dont think a 1 Kilo with that AZ(66) fuze would make it longer than normal , you would have to put less bombs into the container. Some time ago there were on the English Market a lot of Home office dummy 1 KG bombs , which were manufactured for ARP training , they too were made of steel .
yours look very well made

A couple of of these 1 kilo HE-bombs were found at Rechlin few years ago but all were empty, thus the real purpose is unknown.

Who kows,
Anyway they were found from Rechlin test plant and no documents exists ( as far as I have seen ). But typical to Rechlin founds is that they all have been originally inert.