What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Box of fuzes..

waffenamt

Hi chaps,

The posty brought me an early present today,i got a nice box of fuzes and my big Brother who lives round the corner got a letter from the cops for speeding!
There goes the scales of luck in life!:bigsmile:

I did not expect this box this year so what a bonus before i go out tonight for a few beers,its put me in NYE party mode!

Some of them are keepers and the rest will be offered up in the New Year.

Attachments

• S7003727.jpg
    S7003727.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 57
  • S7003728.jpg
    S7003728.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 88
  • S7003737.jpg
    S7003737.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 81
I have four type 9`s and two type 57`s which will be up for grabs shortly.

The 28A,28B-6 are keepers along with an early(but crusty) 25A.
Also keepers will be a 55 and another early 25.

Attachments

• S7003730.jpg
    S7003730.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 23
  • S7003731.jpg
    S7003731.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 18
  • S7003732.jpg
    S7003732.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 20
  • S7003733.jpg
    S7003733.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 19
  • S7003734.jpg
    S7003734.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 18
Hi Spott,
A few nice variations in the box ranging from 9`s to 28`s
Here is a shot of one of the crusty 25`s `keepers`
I reckon cleaned up and filled,this maybe a little cracker being an early example?

best

waff

Attachments

• S7003735.jpg
    S7003735.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
How many !

Blimey Waff you have cornered the market matey !

Just how many of these fuzes have survived as there seem to be plenty around (well, oop Noth at least!) have all of these fuzes been removed from dropped ordnance or have a great deal come from the factories that made them ??

Nice little collection Paul-I could almost get interested in one of them ?(but I must NOT!)

Chris :tinysmile_shy_t:

Cheers Chris!

There are loads out there,it just takes good luck,good contacts and a little help from friends!
Speaking of,here are a couple of pics of a 57 soon heading over the border to yorkshire.:tinysmile_twink_t:
There are good head stamps under the paint/muck on top.The body isnt in too bad nick either.I couldnt take better shots as the daylight has failed now.

:bigsmile: Im going to put pics on tomorrow as ive just been correctly pointed out that they were the wrong pics and my batteries have just gone tits up!:bigsmile:

Last edited:
Thanks for info.

Cheers Chris!

There are loads out there,it just takes good luck,good contacts and a little help from friends!
Speaking of,here are a couple of pics of a 57 soon heading over the border to yorkshire.:tinysmile_twink_t:
There are good head stamps under the paint/muck on top.The body isnt in too bad nick either.I couldnt take better shots as the daylight has failed now.

Thanks Paul, considering how many were made (Fuzeman's figures) it is astounding that so many have survived as I have been led to believe that only a small amount of dropped Ordnance was dud with a lot of these "duds" being either sabotaged or purposly made dud to hinder BD services ?

Chris :tinysmile_shy_t:

Hi there are no reliable figures as to how many actual bombs were dropped , the factories just kept churning them out in their 1,000 a week? unused, so after the war stock piled fuzes were either dumped or scrapped or even pilfered , as wartime bring backs so its not really surprising that there are so many around !

Hi Lee
Red fuzes were Airdropped fuzes
Yellow were generally not for low level dropping
Light Green Special Fuzes IE (26) fuze for oil bombs
All others were lluftwaffe grey, or unpainted