What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eiaz 57

spotter

UBIQUE
Staff member
Premium Member
EIAZ 57 i received today ,again thank you waff
stamped EIAZ 57 edr 41 3b
used with HE bombs sc50 I ,sc250 I, sc500 I, sc50 J, sc250 JA, sc500 L2
This fuze has a anti removal device,if any attempt is made to remove the fuze from the fuze pocket ,the fuze will function setting off the bomb instantly

Attachments

• DSC00036.jpg
    DSC00036.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 36
  • german EIAZ 57 edr 41 3b bomb fuze fuse.jpg
    german EIAZ 57 edr 41 3b bomb fuze fuse.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 20
  • EIAZ 57 edr 41 3b ww2 german bomb fuze fuse.jpg
    EIAZ 57 edr 41 3b ww2 german bomb fuze fuse.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
Alan
If you look at the Sectioned section you will see one there! you have probably allready looked.
Steve
None have ever been found in this country , it was whilst searching a bomb dump in Sicilly .
It is a chemical Long delay action fuze withy a built in Mechanical anti Withdrawl device.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello steve ,I would like to section it but i dont think im going to even try,looks too complicated,wouldnt know where to start especially if the screws etc are seized.

hi spotter how was the bomb disarmed if it was fitted with the anti removal device

regards lee

hello again Lee,,In the book "designed to kill" by Major Arthur Hogben page 252 it says ref the 57 " a technique was developed of completely filling the fuze with a quick setting synthetic resin,thus totally and permanently jamming the mechanical movement"
allan

thanx for finding out for me spotter thats a intresting way of getting round it

regards lee

Spott,Ive seen these 57`s with the band removed(near the bottom) and they look quite good.I remember trying to explain to Rickoshea at Beltring last year that i had seen a 57 that looked `different` than the normal ones.
I now realise that it was a standard one with said band removed!,No wonder he looked baffled at me! Sorry Dave for jangling your head that day!

best

waff

Last edited: