What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

89B clockwork

F

Fuzeman

I thought i would show you the similarity of the German long delay type (17) fuze clock and that of the Airburst fuze type(89) that ran for 120 seconds

Attachments

• clock 89 001.jpg
    clock 89 001.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 57
  • clock 89 002.jpg
    clock 89 002.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 49
  • clock 89 003.jpg
    clock 89 003.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 51
  • (17) clock 001.jpg
    (17) clock 001.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 44
  • (17) clock 002.jpg
    (17) clock 002.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 44
Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for posting steve

cogs are the only thing which seem to seperate these two.

Fingers crossed they will be compatible

Best phil

Speaking of posting squire,my 89 is on its way to you Monday to see if you can cannibilise it for spares to see if you can get the 17 clock working.:beer:

best

waff

Speaking of posting squire,my 89 is on its way to you Monday to see if you can cannibilise it for spares to see if you can get the 17 clock working.:beer:

best

waff

Thanks paul

Thats a massive help as i wouldnt know exactly what i would need until
the 17s are in bits on the bench.

Best phil

Very nice old chap and i hope to be able to say the same thing very soon
Now that i am getting some donar bits]:top: tiny wink say no more

Best phil

Hi Guys
Will keep my fingers and everything else crossed that you can get the part to restore your (17) clock back to working condition.

Hi Steve

Thanks for that,and hopefully a short stay in my mates intensive care unit
and they will go again,probably for the first time i would imagine.

Then a brand new lower case to enhance it a bit.

Best phil

Still ticking away merrily!

Question...Once the clock winds down and the firing pin engages,will that be the end of the clocks for good?

No naughty bits in them whatsoever,the det was removed long ago as ive studied the plan drawings and there was no trace of the number 26 det anywhere except for the space in which it should have been.....
it would be good to know that i could get these clocks wound up again and possibly record that ticking for posterity?
best

waff

Last edited:
Better get the old clock stopper out as you have had 16 hours already.

I would think you could disengage the firing mech and start the rewind again.

Fuzeman should be able to give you the low down on Re starting the clock

Best phil

Nice one Phil,i was thinking a similar reply!:bigsmile:
Im ever so chuffed that it started going on its todd!. My mate nearly crapped himself when he put the clocks to his ear and declared " It`s ticking!":laugh:
I honestly wish you good luck Phil on getting yours going with that dead 89 im sending you.Its such a cool sound especially for `fuziliers` like us!

:call2:

cheers

waff

Last edited:
Hi Paul
Unscrew ther timing disc on the top , (thats the round piece with the slot in it), holding back the pawl , remove the disc and turn it upside down , where you will see by the side of the slot a small slither of metal , this covers that slot.Then reassemble it , making sure the pawl is between the disc and the clock housing , this way the clock will carry on ticking , but will not function , because the pawl will not move across into the slot, which is now covered over.
regards
Steve

Good man and thanks for that info.

I shall print out these threads tonight and take them to the clockman in the morning.
Much appreciated gents for all your inputs on this project.
:shakehands:
best

waff