What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

German Bomb Fuze AZ.46

Fusse2004

Premium Member
Hello! A new fuze for my collection: it is a AZ 46 with contact plate for 50 and 250 kg Nebelbomben German 2 WK. Harry

Attachments

• Bild 227.jpg
    Bild 227.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 72
  • Bild 226.jpg
    Bild 226.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 68
  • Bild 228.jpg
    Bild 228.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 72
  • Bild 225.jpg
    Bild 225.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 87
Hi Harry
Very nice ive never seen a (46) before thanks for showing it
Steve

Its an electrically armed mechanical fuze

Last edited by a moderator:

found times still 2 designs, how the fuze was blocked in the 50 kg Nebelbombe. Harry

Attachments

• Bild 229.jpg
    Bild 229.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 37
  • Bild 230.jpg
    Bild 230.jpg
    125.4 KB · Views: 48
Hi Harry it was a strange design as the electrical part was a squib that when ignited started the mechanical part.it was complicated why they did, nt use a airburst fuze we will never know?

Hello Steve! I will try the German description of the data sheet of the eod into English to translate! That will help you. Harry

Function of the AZ 46

Function of the AZ 46 With the help of the fuze switchbox the trigger current flows by the igniting mixture and initiates so the Pulverladung in the instant, in with the release the bomb of the Ladeapperat of the load head tears off and the contact pins springs back. The cap is stripped by the developing gas pressure of the fuze nipple. The balls drop and release thereby the firing pins. The fuze is released. If the bomb meets on a goal, the firing pin overcomes the feather/spring, so that the squib punctures the Anzndhtchen. The Anzndhtchen is initiated and introduces thereby the ignition of the nebula load. I hope that my translation program this text of some masen understandably translated. Harry

Thanks harry i have OP1666 which gives the details thanks

This is my new AZ46 top bit
this has no evidence of a date stamp as can be seen on the photo and a maker stamp ?? "r"

Attachments

• az46DSC00046.jpg
    az46DSC00046.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 15
  • az46DSC00047.jpg
    az46DSC00047.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 11
Nice one Spott,it looks in good enough nick?

cheers

waff

I see a lot of these `decapitated` 46`s?
I wonder what happens to the rest of the bits??

cheers

waff

Last edited by a moderator: