What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rocket clemp a UK Bomb

Fusse2004

Premium Member
Here times pictures like English a bomb with the so-called rocket clamp one defuses! The fuze is a NO 37 greeting Harry

Attachments

• LZZ No.37.JPG
    LZZ No.37.JPG
    110.1 KB · Views: 92
  • LZZ No.37 mit Raketenklemme.JPG
    LZZ No.37 mit Raketenklemme.JPG
    122.8 KB · Views: 117
  • LZZ No.37..jpg
    LZZ No.37..jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 103
Good to see this apparatus,i just read up on it in one of my UXB themed books.
Thanks Harry for the pics.

best

waff

I saw one of those rocket wrenches for sale at an army surplus shop in the Midlands last summer for 90.

If these wrenches didnt grip to fuze properly or the fuze body wasnt strong enough...
Wouldn`t there be a risk of this device flying off all over the bloody place?

cheers

waff

Yep, we still use them today and I will be firing a few next week to remove fuzes. However, there is only enough power to remove the fuze and not as many people think a catherine wheel, goes on and on and on...

Ok Jay,cheers for that answer.

I imagined all sorts of potential disasters! :afraid:

best

waff

Interesting thread indeed! - I had a fair idea of how the rocket wrench was applied in the field, so it was good to see a picture of the actual device in use.
I got a hold of a cased rocket wrench some years back from the local car boot sale, and I must say that at 5.00 it convincingly beat the 90.00 quoted by the members here!

Yeah, once I got it home I found out just how much of a bargain it was...I wonder how much a piece of kit like that would have cost originally? I remember some years back seeing one or two on E-Bay, they went fairly cheap too as I remember although P+P would have been horrendous!
I take it, that like mine, certain items (According to the checklist label on the underside of the lid) were removed from your kit too.