What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Heavy cold?

waffenamt

Gordon bleedin` Bennet!,Am i rough today?

It seems old waffy is off work today partly due to a lack of work and the rest due to this god-awful heavy raid on by these cold germs!:tinysmile_angry2_t:

Anyone else had a dose of this `man-flu` lately?
Im stuffing myself with out of date items found deep in the medical box,so i may be experiencing some ceiling and floor wobbles later? :elefant::laugh:

Bad headache,plenty of snots,the whole works im afraid!

Any tips would be helpful to defeat this please?
Waff is never usually ill,but this one has clubbed me good and proper!

best

waff (breaks into pitiful coughing fit)

Remedy

Hi Waff I have just started to come out of it today and started it on Sunday, having invested shares in Kleenex UK and also the local chemists !
What a pig this one was not quite Flu but very heavy indeed!
My full sympathies Waff but cheer up with luck it will clear in three days time!
Bed with plenty to drink to flush it out (no, not your usual brand of medicinal tot !) Tea, water etc and just give up on doing anything for a while and rest.:tinysmile_angry2_t:

Keep the puter switched on so you dont miss anything here :tinysmile_hmm_t:

Hope you have a speedy recovery mate !

Chris :tinysmile_shy_t:

Hi Paul
I hope its not catching via PM,s get well soon , my doctors was empty this morning they must have had flu

Cheers Chris,same to you mate.

I was thinking about opening this 25 year old whiskey( Lagavulin),i was given it a few years ago as a gift and have been waiting for the day to crack it open.
Will be a good lad though and stay off the grog then.:D

best

waff

good recovery, Paul!

against your snotty nose make a nose-rinse with well tempered (slightly warmed) salt water. do not snort too often in your handkerchief, try to remove the evil backward (so your nose-caves will have profit).
aginst a bad throat I would have throat-rinse with a Bowmore Islay Malt
(12 years are enough, he's much smoother than most of the other Malt's).:help:

Thanks sudel,i will certainly employ some of those great tips today!

Def with the Malt theory later on tonight.:burnout:

cheers

waff

Hmmm i think it will also work with some good Vodka (wodka) and some good hot sauce, what do you think Waff?

Ahahah!! Those my friend,were happy days at Beltring!

I have a little bit of that `Madame Jeannettes` nuclear sauce you gave me so i will try some with my food tonight.
If that doesn`t melt my head then nothing will! :laugh:

Thank you for the advice Dr Ben! :tinysmile_twink_t:

cheers

waff

Last edited by a moderator:
Ooops!,I didnt realise i pressed `edit` than `quote and reply`!! Sorry Ben.:embarassed:

I really am off colour today and it seems the out-of-date meds are kicking in! :vollkommenauf:

waff

Last edited:
Paul
What you need is to inhale ammonia years ago when i was a printed circuit engineer anybody who had a cold we got to stand behind my etching machine it worked wonders , very quick acting . it,s similar to smelling salts used in victorian times ,and no im not that old
Steve

Paul
What you need is to inhale ammonia years ago when i was a printed circuit engineer anybody who had a cold we got to stand behind my etching machine it worked wonders , very quick acting . it,s similar to smelling salts used in victorian times ,and no im not that old
Steve

ewwww, hang around the public toilet!!

A king prawn vindaloo should do the trick, a proper curry always sorts me out if I have a cold etc. Works every time ! Tony.

Hi all,
if you can get your hands on one via your Docs or they were being sold at Sainburys in the autumn in some branches for around 15 quid a shot, i suggest you have a flu jab.
I know it often aint easy to those under 65 but if you can blag or batter your way to be included on the list its well worth it. So far whilst all around me fall ill i seem to be fine. As a carer for my mum i managed to get one a while back. I am sure Waff, that if you told your Doc that you were caring for a 25 year old bottle of whisky and not drinking it you would be instantly put on the list. Otherwise contact your nearest branch of Sainsburys and ask em when when it will be next in stock and down which isle.
Hope you feel better soon mate.

Andy

Hi Andy,
Caring for the 25 year old bottle!! LOL!! Like it!:bigsmile:

Yeah,see your point with the jab.However tonight im about to knock up one of my infamous `nuclear-Chilli`s` to deal with the blockages...

Thanks boys for all your posts on this thread.:tinysmile_shy_t:

best

waff

We have ---

Buckleys Mixture over here- tastes like a liquid Pine tree -- awful, but it gets the crud out !

Buckleys Mixture over here- tastes like a liquid Pine tree -- awful, but it gets the crud out !

yeah,we have a similar horror show called Benillin.

No thanks,i would rather drink the liquid pine-tree!:tinysmile_tongue_t:

waff

Hi Paul
Boil up some R Whites Lemonade , and drink hot shifts any cold But only use R whites the other dont work , ive tried most of them .if that fails down the scotch!

Cheers mate,
Death-Chilli on the go as we speak.I shall leave the liquids `til later!:tinysmile_twink_t:

Waff