What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Winter Camo

zwerge

Did US troops use winter camo or is this BUBBA`S work ?

Attachments

• AC 1.jpg
    AC 1.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 31
Unlikely that troops would camo a disposable item like an ammo can. I'd put my money on Bubba.:tinysmile_hmm_t2: On second thought it could be from a U.N. mission, don't they paint their equipment white. That style of ammo can was replaced in the late 50's early 60's with the flat sided can.

Last edited:
Could have been for UN use... Canada used the 1919 (AKA: C5 & C5A1) on UN missions. They painted everything white except weapons.

Some units also paint things for different reasons (amnesty box, for flares/fuzes, dummy ammo for training, tools, etc...) so that it wouldn't get mixed up with real cans with live ammo in them... Who knows for sure....

just my 2 cents....

Last edited:
I did a spell in the QMs stores in the 80s and the kit we held for the chefs when on exercise was stored in old ammo boxes painted white

I did a spell in the QMs stores in the 80s and the kit we held for the chefs when on exercise was stored in old ammo boxes painted white

I forgot to mention that it is spray painted white inside too,so maybe it was for kitchen use. Thanks for the replys guys.