What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help needed with a eletric generator.

blu97

HONOURED MEMBER RIP
Ordnance approved
In our collection I found this object, it comes packed with two or three in a bakelite container. The body measures 25mm X 50mm and contains a electric generator ( impact?), there are no markings. It seems to be a German eletric impact generator for a bomb fuze. Does anybody has an idea what it is and where it was used for.
Thanks in advance, Blu

Attachments

• DSC_7125.jpg
    DSC_7125.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 75
  • DSC_7126.jpg
    DSC_7126.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 62
  • DSC_7128.jpg
    DSC_7128.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 66
  • DSC_7129.jpg
    DSC_7129.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 56
  • Img0927.jpg
    Img0927.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 43
Ive no idea what it is , but it looks very interesting its strange that the gaine holder is drilled,
My curiosity is aroused

steve

Ive have this information
Electric booster cup used with drop container AB1000-2 and other cluster and container bombs.
Gas pressure from the primer of the ZT.Z.89 (series) fuze forces the pusher plate downwards where a projection of the piston strikes a soft iron core in the centre of a coil of copper causing electricity.An attatched coupler assembly connects to a detonator assembly ,opening the cluster or to a Z.69(series) of aerial burst fuzes

Thanks spotter for your help, thanks to you I know where to look for and I found it. When I am correct it is where the arrow points to.
Regards Blu.

Attachments

• AB 1000 2.jpg
    AB 1000 2.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 59
Found a cutaway drawing of the fuzing system of the AB 1000-2. The bomb ontains 1 bomb fuze 89 and 2 fuzes 69 each fitted with a electric generator. The gasses produced by the fuze drives cup 31 downwards shearind the shrear pins 32. The notch of the cup drives the steel pin 34 downwards wich moves trough the coil producing eletric power which trough a electric cable is conducted to the electric detonaters which opens the clusterbomb. I must say quit a complex fuzing system, first use electric power to set of the fuzes and the producing electric power again.
Thanks spotter to direct me in the right direction.
Regards BLU.

Attachments

• AB 1000-2_Formaat wijzigen.jpg
    AB 1000-2_Formaat wijzigen.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 50

I have some more found in my collection to this article fit. Harry

Attachments

• Bild 283.jpg
    Bild 283.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 22
  • Bild 284.jpg
    Bild 284.jpg