Welcome to the Inert Ordnance Collectors.
    Thanks

Paperweights or instructional or ?

Greetings folks
    I recently purchased 3 'fuzes' of the type shown in the pictures,these came in a box from the Department of the navy,naval ordnance station,Louisville,Kentucky and handwritten on the box ''test fuzes'

Now i'm wondering if these were desk fuzes (paperweights or instructional) as there appears to be nothing to suggest any inner workings except the brass rod and the graduation ring marked 0 to 45 there are no other markings except a serial number on the base of 10001-1268811-g.
    I've looked through several publications but can find nothing similar.

Does anyone have any further info or pointers about what they may or may not have been used for?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Ordnance Approved
    Thanks
    I am pretty sure these are dummy fuzes that are used to test/operate fuze setting equipment on Naval guns. They are loaded onto dummy projectiles and cycled through the gun system. We have some at work that were/are used on either 4.5in guns (old-no longer used) or on 5"54 guns (we use Mk 36 guns or newerI think). We currently have 5"54 ammunition in service.

Leo
    Any live or ordnance "in the wild" shown in my posts have been dealt with by appropriately trained EOD personnel.

"Put your trust in God, my boys, but keep your powder dry" - Oliver Cromwell

Thanks
    Thanks for the reply Leo,a whole new avenue of research to go down and one i hadnt considered before.

Regards
    Mag