What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The bigger stuff

Tony Williams

These displays cover ammunition for anti-tank rifles and larger calibres. It has grown a bit since I took these photos...

Collection1.jpg

Collection2.jpg

Bloody hell, what a collection, i am impressed. What does her who should be obeyed think?

Andy

Thanks gents, it's taken me nearly 20 years to collect this lot. My wife doesn't mind, I just use a spare bedroom as my study so I keep it out of the way!

My wife doesn't mind, I just use a spare bedroom as my study so I keep it out of the way!

Keep away of the wifes, girlfriends, mothers, (mine), all they are from the Dark Side!!! Congratulations for the collection and welcome to the worldwide best forum for ordnance collectors.

Thanks gents, it's taken me nearly 20 years to collect this lot. My wife doesn't mind, I just use a spare bedroom as my study so I keep it out of the way!

Hi Tony, would you mind posting a few close up pictures of the (what looks like) 57mm apfsds projectile that is on the RHS of the first shelf up please. I've got a sabot for one but haven't see good close up shots of a complete projectile.
Ta,
Dave.

There's a better view of it shown below, in the 6 pdr 7 cwt case. It was actually not intended for serice but was a half-size scale model of the proposed 120mm APFSDS. The projectile in mine isn't complete: there's just the basic body. The fins are missing and I had a nose cap made to fit.

modsubcart2.jpg

"The fins are missing and I had a nose cap made to fit"

I can remember I wanted to buy it for a cutaway model on the Dutch meeting where you bought it. I -luckily- didn't as I now hear (and suspected) the tail fins are missing and I couldn't have turned it into a cutaway model. As far as I can remember the nose was complete?
With regards DJH

I suspect that was a different one - I've had mine for many years, and bought it in the UK IIRC.

Or are you referring to the 60x410R in the same pic?

I must have overread it. Yes, I do mean the right one on the picture.
Regards DJH