What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Three British 1Pdr. Projectiles

Gspragge

Premium Member
I have no information on these ? Does any one have any information they can put forth .

1 Pdr. MKll Broad Arrow proofed, slightly blunted nose from MK1. What were these meant to be loaded in ? Three known, all found in 1917 dated EOC cases, clearly not original to the projectiles.

MK1 Steel Projectile, U.S. projectile made for the 1916 Cannon, this one marked , Broad Arrow proof, 1 (polished off)PR. An American projectile in British service ? But Why. No others known.

VAD 1933 1 Pdr. Solid shot, Was this made for the standard 1pdr. 37x94r casing, as it appears by it's size and style. It is not a 1 1/2 Pdr. type. No others known.

Attachments

• Brit.b projectiles.jpg
    Brit.b projectiles.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 97
Hmmm... that leading driving band seems like a dead giveaway ...

Attachments

• ScreenShot020.jpg
    ScreenShot020.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 54
Ah yes!!! of course......THE book.......The lights were on but there was nobody home.I have downloaded that,methinks!!!!!

Many thanks.

the book

woops, I thought the book was Werner Sunkel's on 'The Hotchkiss Cartridge in 37mm' a most informative work.

Oh yes,indeed,goodies galore, I see,technology left me far behind 20 years ago I fear,so I'm now eagerly awaiting the next visit of my young adviser on things pc to take advantage of aforementioned delights.

The Books

Birdseye, was trying to make a point that there is an excellent research work on 37mm 1pr rounds by ECRA member W.S., the various text books and handbooks are great but Terry Gander once said there are more things about than pass the ordnance board, or words to that effect when looking at ammo.
Chris, get your pc guru to show you how to search your pet subject(ammo wise) on this site, very good pictures and info from lots of people.