What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pak 40

Lou

Oh the day finally came and Im one happy satisfied puppy.The newest addition to my collection and one Ive been after for two years.A beautiful Pak40.
A very special and heartfelt thank you to GermanMilitariaUK for helping me get this shell,with out him this wouldnt of happened.Thank you Bernhard.And a thanks to to the person who I purchased it from.
Pictured with the Pak40 is an early US 75mm in HE yellow and a US 57mm HE APC/T

Attachments

• pak 030.jpg
    pak 030.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 120
  • pak 032.jpg
    pak 032.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 83
  • pak 016.jpg
    pak 016.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 65
I have one of them with an APC projectile. I don't normally collect ammo bigger than 57mm calibre, but I make an exception for ammo used in aircraft guns.

The pic below is from 'Tankbusters', the article on my website on WW2 airborne anti-tank guns and ammo, and shows the German AP set:

FGww2APcarts2e.jpg

I think Steve McGregor has a couple of them for sale, the HE version and the hollow charge version - if he's not sold them already I expect he'll be taking them to Stoneleigh today and tomorrow.
Dave.

Very nice Lou......excellent to see the comparison picture. It takes a lot of hard work to successfully ship such a heavy item to the US so excellent news that Bernhard was able to get it to you safely.

After all that time what will you do now?

I remember there was a Pak40 for sale on Milweb. (see picture) It was pricey but looked good.

PC

Attachments

• 35010.jpg
    35010.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 33
Very nice Lou......excellent to see the comparison picture. It takes a lot of hard work to successfully ship such a heavy item to the US so excellent news that Bernhard was able to get it to you safely.

After all that time what will you do now?

I remember there was a Pak40 for sale on Milweb. (see picture) It was pricey but looked good.

PC

Well the goal now is to just sit back and enjoy the shell.But a good container and an AP round "with out the case"will be the next pak40 items on the list.I have my eye on a ground dug projectile in a local shop.They want 75us for it.