Welcome to the Inert Ordnance Collectors.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks
    Nothing yet ? I just got back from a Normandy Invasion Tour of S. England and the coast of France and didn't see any examples of this pin there either. You would think there would be stacks of them at the factories where the igniters were assembled and also where the rockets were put together. Also at the training grounds.
    Bill
    Last edited by botcheg; 12th August 2015 at 02:17 AM. Reason: more comments

Premium Member
    Images
    Thanks
    Hello! Here some photos from the firing pin (charge igniter) of 8.8cm Panzerschreck. Greeting Harry
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Search always English and US Bomb Fuzes!

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fusse2004 For This Useful Post:

doppz92 (5th July 2017), Joerg (12th August 2015)

Thanks
    Hello Fussee2004,
    That s a very nice example. I would also really like to see an example of the plug that used to be at the end of one of those wires in as good condition !
    Regards,
    Bill

Thanks
    Merry Christmas to all and Happy New Year, this is the third anniversary since I received a reply from MikeP to my post about the connector pin on his schreck rocket. I was reminded of that when I found the attached picture of dug up schreck rockets in my stack of image DVDs. They all have the later cut down version of the connector which makes it even harder to understand why I can't find any examples of the wood block and pin !? I know, broken record. I found a MikeP on another forum but he denied any relation. Ah well, on with the search.
    Kind Regards,
    Bill
    img327%20(Large).jpg

Thanks
    Thanks (belated) to Harry for the pictures he posted.
    Does anyone know what the German designation is for this igniter ? Like the connector it's impossible to find ! I believe I saw it once but can't find it in my stack. [
    Kind Regards,
    Bill
    QUOTE=Fusse2004;264478]Hello! Here some photos from the firing pin (charge igniter) of 8.8cm Panzerschreck. Greeting Harry[/QUOTE]

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by botcheg View Post
    Nothing yet ? I just got back from a Normandy Invasion Tour of S. England and the coast of France and didn't see any examples of this pin there either. You would think there would be stacks of them at the factories where the igniters were assembled and also where the rockets were put together. Also at the training grounds.
    Bill
    Surfing the net I found the attached image of a display at Batterie Todt near Calais . I was beating myself up that I didn't see it on our trip until I found out it was about 300 miles away from where we were on tour .
    It would be great if someone on this forum reads this and happens to go there and gets a few closeups of the area circled to post here. It's the stuff that dreams are made of !
    Bill

batterietodtsept09 (13) copy.jpg

8. The Following User Says Thank You to botcheg For This Useful Post:

doppz92 (5th July 2017)

Ordnance Approved
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,410 Times in 646 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fusse2004 View Post
    Hello! Here some photos from the firing pin (charge igniter) of 8.8cm Panzerschreck. Greeting Harry
    Hello Harry,
    What is the German designation of this igniter ?
    Regards
    Any Live or Dug ordnance shown by me has been disposed of by EOD personnel .

Thanks
    Screen Shot 2017-08-01 at 7.42.19 PM.jpg

I came across an auction on ebay that had various pieces from a German bunker, supposedly WW1 and these two slotted pins each about 2 3/4 inches/ 70mm long by 7mm diameter. There are holes at the bottom of the rods and remnants of solder and wire along the sides. I wonder if these might be similar to the elusive Pschreck igniter pin ?

Thanks
    DiskusDefSchema2 copy.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by botcheg View Post

I came across an auction on ebay that had various pieces from a German bunker, supposedly WW1 and these two slotted pins each about 2 3/4 inches/ 70mm long by 7mm diameter. There are holes at the bottom of the rods and remnants of solder and wire along the sides. I wonder if these might be similar to the elusive Pschreck igniter pin ?
    Found out what those pins were used in . . . the 1915 German Disc Grenades ! They were the safety rods, one per grenade . See attached diagram . Would be a nice simple solution to the connector pin question though !!!
    Bill

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234