What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Zeit 41 airburst/impact trainer fuse

satan18

Sent to me by Waff,this is a rather well made dummy
fuse for the butterfly bomb,and it needed a few moments of tlc
but for some reason it has grown on me.

It is rather like the bling of fuses but is definately made from the same
factorys as the standard 41 impact fuse.

If anyone can put any light on this that would be most helpfull.

Attachments

• Dry Build 015.jpg
    Dry Build 015.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 77
  • Dry Build 016.jpg
    Dry Build 016.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 73
Bloody hell pal!,
Thats come up really well mate.Im sure you said you had an ally version of a trainer?
Any piccys of that too please?

cheers

waff

Nice one Phil me thinks its a British Training fuze
Steve

Bloody hell pal!,
Thats come up really well mate.Im sure you said you had an ally version of a trainer?
Any piccys of that too please?

cheers

waff

Hi Mate

I think once ive made a brass timer/setter for it this will be one of my favorites,(i think its a brass thing)
One of my next purchases has got a steel type plug fuse which i am keen to compare with the brass one as i suppose they must have made demo types and training fuses.

Best phil

A good possibility there steve as i cant imagine germany using brass whilst they used mainly ally,good theory

Best phil

Thats blown that theory then mate

As you said a cutaway charge,do you think its an original factory cutaway
as they might have manufactured that fuse specificaly for displaying in cutaways? at that time.

Best phil

If Germans made artillery fuzes of Aluminium, Zinc, Steel, Brass and Bakelite - why not bomb fuzes as well ?

The early Bomb fuzes ELAZC50 (5) and the reworked (28) were indeed made of brass but in 1936 were produced in Ali
Steve