What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ww1 German gas shell

Hello,

i saw the restoration of 7.7cm I.F.K Gr. wonderul work. i am collecting pictures of german wwi gas shells. If you have any other pictures, i would very much appreciate it. I also have some pictures if you are interested.

Cheers.

Hello,

i saw the restoration of 7.7cm I.F.K Gr. wonderul work. i am collecting pictures of german wwi gas shells. If you have any other pictures, i would very much appreciate it. I also have some pictures if you are interested.

Cheers.
thanks for kind words mate,there doesnt seam to tons of images of these shells apart from drawn colour plates that i dont feel are very accurate colour wise.
I tend to look for examples that are in exsisting collections and try to produce something thats as accurate as i can get it and compares with the others.
Your never going to please everyone,but i dont believe it to be a science.
So many enviromental factors affect colour,pigment and the surface its painted on as discussed in this thread earlier.
Enjoy your hobby mate and all the best.
Foubar
(Aka 18pounder as most of u know!)

Does anyone know what timeframe these Bromoacetone containers were from?
I understood that they were Pre 1925, but recently a reliable source says they're from Post 1925

Cheers

Pete

Were you attaching a photo Pete, or referring to something already posted?

I was referring to the ceramic bottles in a earlier post, but im doing this from an I Pad and things aren't working as they should.

Pete