What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

South African bomb fuze?

waffenamt

Hi Lads,
Here is one my pal Mick got yesterday.Im sure he says its from a SA bomb for Airburst use?
Im sure my pal Bernhard will like this one?;)
The camera batteries ran out before more pics but you can see the 20mm round im asking about in the projectiles forum.
best

waff

Attachments

• S7004016.jpg
    S7004016.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 51
Hi Paul its a nice looking fuze

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Paul
I think its a Russian fuze

Hi Steve,
How do come to that conclusion please old chap?.:tinysmile_shy_t:
There isnt one russki word or symbol anywhere on the body as far as i saw?
I can double check and ring my pal if you want though?

best

waff

Hi Paul i blew it up (the picture that is ) and read the writing my intial thought that AB was a russian designation

No worries Steve!:tinysmile_shy_t:

Ive found a similar one in our forum,all i did was google AB103 fuze and happy days!

best

Paul

No worries Steve!:tinysmile_shy_t:

Ive found a similar one in our forum,all i did was google AB103 fuze and happy days!

best

Paul

Waff, it is THE SAME fuze on the forum that you found. I bought it off Rrickoshae a while ago and sold it to Steve McGregor on Saturday. Mick got it off him at the same show (Bisley). Its a small world isn't it!

Dave.

Waff, it is THE SAME fuze on the forum that you found. I bought it off Rrickoshae a while ago and sold it to Steve McGregor on Saturday. Mick got it off him at the same show (Bisley). Its a small world isn't it!

Dave.

Hi Dave,

I thought it looked familiar!:tinysmile_fatgrin_t
It also came with the tag shown on the other picture,just the bloody batts died on the digi cam.
cheers

waff

Hi Dave
What time were you at Bisley on Saturday i too was down there.
Steve

It took me a while to find it , but I knew I had seen that fuze in a book before.
Here you are.
Regards, DJH

Attachments

• South African bomb fuze.jpg
    South African bomb fuze.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
Thanks D for the info.Did the US use this bomb in `nam or am i mixing up with something else(as usual) lol

best

waff