What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

42mm cut off case restoration.

SG500

Premium Member
A while ago I came across a really strange case with design numbers around the base and the neck cut off. I then realised that it was a Red Queen that some mad person had ruined. At the time I didn't have a complete round so decided to repair it by fitting a new neck to it.
This was done by putting a section of a damaged German 37mm case onto the Red Queen case (the bit I cut out of the German case was half way down a tapered case so was in fact 42mm)
All I had was a line drawing to work off but as it worked out the repair proved to be the exact length.
Attached a couple of photos of the case before the repair, the design numbers on the side and the repaired case.
I'm sure you metal working experts out there could have done a much better job but it was close enough for me.
Dave.

Attachments

• Red queen cut off 1.jpg
    Red queen cut off 1.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 46
  • Red queen cut off 2.JPG
    Red queen cut off 2.JPG
    90.9 KB · Views: 48
  • Red queen cut off 3.jpg
    Red queen cut off 3.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 53
Looks like the repair came out quite well.

Whoever took a hacksaw to that case deserves a kicking.

I cant belive what some people willl do to cases and a Red Queen at that. Nice repair it gives the look of a complete case.
Best Weasel.

Hi, yes, thanks for the link. Its a very good web site.
Dave.