What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Illustrated Encyclopedia Of Ammunition ..Hogg

spotter

UBIQUE
Staff member
Premium Member
The Illustrated Encyclopedia Of Ammunition by Ian.V.Hogg an A-Z guide of over 250 pages relating to ammunition and ammunition terminology .Want to know what APFSDS stands for or how a base ejection smoke shell works you will find it in here.Im not 100% but i think this book may be out of print now(if anyone knows differant please say)My copy came from Ebay and they can also be readily picked up at arms fairs.Its definately worth looking for

Re:The Illustrated Encyclopedia Of Ammunition ..Ho

Definately out of print.
I picked my copy up as a Christmas pressie, came from a used book dealer.

Funny thing is,when I didn't need a copy I saw loads at arms fairs,then when I did need one,not a copy to be seen!

Kind regards,
Andy

THAT WAS MY FIRST BOUGHT ORDNANCE BOOK, GREAT BOOK, and apfsds stands for:
armour piercing fin stabilized discarding sabot

Post edited by: 3in, at: 2007/06/12 17:27

Hi, I don't have this book...and I'm suffering the same vein AndyD was in when he couldn't find it...so I'm hoping my luck is about to change.

In the meantime, can someone tell me if there are many pages devoted to WWII tank / anti-tank ordnance....i.e. pictures, dimensions, markings etc.

Rich

Rich this is a good beginners guide to ammunition and ammunition terms,unfortunately it doesnt cover individual items in detail,BUT it is still worth having ,stick a post on the forum telling us what specific info you require and i will see what i have when im back off my hols next weekend(im away in couple of hours)......spotter

well, my luck changed, I found a copy at abebooks.com (seems a good site) especially for a tenner, and arrived a day later.!!

Good book...